Help for launch renpy game

poseidon3000

May 11, 2018
Hello,

I have been using this site for a few years without any problem, but for 2 months I have not been able to play any Renpy games.

Regardless of the game, once I download, I cannot launch the game by pressing the .exe. I click on the game but they never launch any application does not even launch when I deactivate my antivirus or when I run it as administrator.

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hardware? What's the behavior like? Does it open and then crash, not open at all? Are you sure you're turning your AV all the way off, or better, excluding the .exe of the renpy file?

It's hard to help someone when it's this vague.

poseidon3000

May 11, 2018
Hello MissFortune, and thank you for taking the time to answer me.

Here is my PC, it's an Asus gamer pc
Capture d’écran (11)_LI.jpg

My antivirus is AVG and even when I deactivate it, the application does not launch

Capture d’écran (12).png

Once the game has been extracted from the .7z or .rar .zip files, I click on the .exe files but the game does not launch. the application does not launch at all either in the task bar or in the task manager.

I don't know if this has a link but RPG Maker games also stopped working

Capture d’écran (15).png

The only games I can play are this like this and the unity type games

Capture d’écran (13).png

Do you have any idea what could have caused this? because it was still working fine in July

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Are you able to run older Ren'Py games? The kind that were completed about at least a year ago?

Every Ren'Py game should start to write a log file when launched. The game should leave a file named log.txt in the main folder of the game.
Are you able to run games where the Ren'Py version number in the log.txt file is less than 7.4?

Do your games create a log.txt file at all? If they do, could you post one here?

poseidon3000

May 11, 2018
I tried with the Insexual Awakening game which is over a year old and I have this incone that appeared

Capture d’écran (16).png

For a recent game, I don't even have an icon that opens. No log.txt file appears for both games

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I tried with the Insexual Awakening game which is over a year old and I have this incone that appeared
It's not due to the path, nor the drive, I can play Ren'py games on D and with spaces and dots on the path.

And since RPG Maker games don't works either, it looks like some kind of restriction on the use of scripts. But I don't know why :/