Daz (HELP) How to fix these ugly bends and creases on pelvic/lower abdomen area

Nov 19, 2019
I keep getting these ugly bends on every character when I do some poses with legs. All parameters are inside limits. I get it on every character in some way but here I chose extreme example to demonstrate.
So is there any way to fix it? I tried many morphs including bend control and even D-former but without luck.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: frethed

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not OP but I just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion Zargon_games .

With that said, I already use something somewhat similar to auto-shape-enhancer,

It's this one here:

Mine doesn't really address the issue OP was mentioning on his first post, but I was wondering if anyone here has an opinion in regards to how Skin Folds and Creases HD compares with Auto Shape Enhancer.

Does anyone here have both installed?

I try to minimize the number of morphs I install as much as possible, so I don't know if it would be overkill for me to akso buy this "Auto Shape Enhancer" one.

I'm curious if Auto Shape Enhancer fixed the issue OP posted, since at least by name, none of those morphs address the pelvic area.

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
I'm not OP but I just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion Zargon_games .

With that said, I already use something somewhat similar to auto-shape-enhancer,

It's this one here:

Mine doesn't really address the issue OP was mentioning on his first post, but I was wondering if anyone here has an opinion in regards to how Skin Folds and Creases HD compares with Auto Shape Enhancer.

Does anyone here have both installed?

I try to minimize the number of morphs I install as much as possible, so I don't know if it would be overkill for me to akso buy this "Auto Shape Enhancer" one.

I'm curious if Auto Shape Enhancer fixed the issue OP posted, since at least by name, none of those morphs address the pelvic area.
I didn't know that addon, it looks interesting so thanks for sharing it. Anyway auto-shape-enhancer does not do exactly the same thing, since it focuses on correcting the joins, I'll show you an image so you can see the areas where it is applied.

Captura de pantalla 2021-11-14 003022.png

As for whether it solves the problem that has the user who created this post, honestly I'm not sure, haha. It has helped me in the past to solve weird effects in the thighs and knees, but something as extreme as the deformation of that image I'm not sure if it will solve it.

Reactions: Sakrilas

Feb 3, 2020
I've tried Auto Shape Enhancer and IMO the way ASE works is turning every character into a super fit athlete or dancer. Bend Control is not as drastic:

I don't think Skin Folds and Crease product adds to areas around the joints, and I wish it does because that would enhance body softness without needing body heft. The product applies around the muscle folds which works best for characters whose skins are not tight due to age or body fat.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I keep getting these ugly bends on every character when I do some poses with legs. All parameters are inside limits. I get it on every character in some way but here I chose extreme example to demonstrate.
So is there any way to fix it? I tried many morphs including bend control and even D-former but without luck.
If you're getting this on every character, it suggests that you might have a rogue Joint ControlMorph (JCM) loaded in your system that is doing this. One way to determine if this is so and to find it would be to do the following:
  1. Put your character in the pose you're showing that causes the problem.
  2. Go to the Parameters pane, and click on the "hamburger menu" at the upper left. 1637277101732.png
  3. Select "Preferences > Show Hidden Properties"
  4. Now, in the Parameters pane, click on "Currently Used"
In addition to the bends that you've put in, you will now see hidden morphs and controllers that may be tied to the bends you've dialed in.

1637277474608.png

Try dialing items down to zero one at a time. (Not all of them can be moved because they're controllers, but ones that are morphs usually are.) You may find one or more of them that, when turned off, fix the problem. If so, this means that some package you've installed has added a hidden morph that's being triggered by the joints and is causing this. If you locate one of them that does this, click on the gear at its upper right and select "Parameter Settings". This will show you information about the item in question
1637277647818.png
This might help you work backwards to what package is at fault. In this particular one, from "Path" you can see that this is a JCM (Joint Control Morph) that came along with Karyssa 8.

This kind of thing can be a pain to sort out, even if you figure out which morph it is, because the path isn't the physical path on disk, it's the location of the item within the Parameters pane. But if you can locate the main package in question, you go a long way toward sorting this out.

Note that this kind of thing can also happen if, for some reason, you have the same items stored in your content folder(s) more than once. In that case, a correction that's intended to be applied for a bend can get applied multiple times, exaggerating the effect.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: HoneyMan