[Help] Looking to extract images from an RPGMaker game.

DuperaDupera717

Aug 24, 2017
This is my first official post here on F95 forums, but a long time lurker.

I'm having trouble extracting CG images from Roundscape. It is a great game but the lack of a gallery system and the fact I already beat it once turns me off from playing again.
I've ran through countless topics and guides on how to do extractions and decryptions but I cannot find the information that I need. Roundscape also doesn't have its h-scenes images easily accessible in the www folder. I'm guessing they are either hidden away in the .exe or one of the .json files however I am at a loss.

If you could point me in the right direction that'd be awesome. Thank you so much.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
In Roundscape the images used to be in www\img\pictures: they were encrypted, though. I guess you need the Decrypter, included in this post.
Btw, I use , but I have to convert the pictures one by one.

If the game is a big .exe file instead, you need EnigmaVBUnpacker.

PS: I wouldn't be surprised if the whole CG is already online (I have only found on e-hentai.org)

DuperaDupera717

Aug 24, 2017
The pictures are no longer in the img folder and the exe size is extremely small. That's what is confusing me, unless they are being compressed in one of the .json files.

I'll look more into it when I get home.

Edit:
So it looks like the pictures files are most likely still in the img folder. If you take a byte count of the folders in the img and the actual img folder you end up with a ~1.74gb difference between the img folder itself and the folders inside.

Edit Edit:
This is gonna sound really dumb but the folder was hidden in the www/img folder all along. It is not even encrypted, just hidden. I discovered the folder existed by creating a new folder and renaming it "pictures" on a hunch.

So here is how to access Roundscape's picture files...ready? You have to enter www/img/pictures manually in explorer to view the folder. It was that easy. Thank you for the help scrumbles.

Last edited: