Help me! Invisible glass and hair

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
hi i'm creating unreder in the car but i have problems.
the camera is outside the car when i start the redering the hair becomes invisible, i know it's normal, but is there a way to make it visible?
the same thing happens to me with glasses and eyelashes of a character.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
The only way I know is to make the cut out opacity of the glass material 0. You have to put it back where it was before you render though, sometimes its a good thing to leave it at 0, depends on how it looks.

Reactions: Black Ram oss

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
To be blunt, it's not normal, but maybe some cars have that problem, and as mickydoo said, that solution works like a charm, but just to show you, this is a car that doesn't have that problem:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So another solution is to load a car/asset with window/glass material that doesn't have that problem, use the Surface Selection tool, and save/copy that material to your car's window/glass.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
To be blunt, it's not normal, but maybe some cars have that problem, and as mickydoo said, that solution works like a charm, but just to show you, this is a car that doesn't have that problem:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So another solution is to load a car/asset with window/glass material that doesn't have that problem, use the Surface Selection tool, and save/copy that material to your car's window/glass.
Any glass Iray shader preset should do it :

DAZStudio_GdTlRG3M25.png