Ren'Py Help me make a game!

Should you have a few characters to choose from or focus customizing 1 actor (barred player age/sex)

• Other (Leave a message!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ParadoxLuckGames

Jun 5, 2019
Hey guys been wild since the "Oopsie on the global scale" with some of my family passing away... I am back but I have questions. A poll first please vote I need to know the unpopular thoughts.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I still don't get why too many authors fail to understand that it's the answer to most of their questions.
Maybe some people just in need of have that "assignment" task you would get from like school, where you had to write about certain topics.

ParadoxLuckGames

Jun 5, 2019
Well of course I will make what I like that's why I am doing it. Shame my writing is trash... I had two ideas I liked and wanted input on what people would like to see. In the end I will end up doing both but having a starting point never hurt anyone.

(thank you for comments/votes)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Well as a wise man once said, "money" - Mr Krabbs
And as history of adult gaming have proved, doing what people ask for, instead of doing what you want, is the best way to fail.
It doesn't mean that polls by themselves are wrong, (too) many authors have some for their patrons. But they propose a choice for what will come next. Therefore it's a matter of priority among what they want to do, what is different.

So far, all those who decided to make a game according to what the players asked have either abandoned their game after less than one year, or have restarted it more than twice. There's a reason really basic for that. People will answer accordingly to the games they are actually playing ; expecting that your game will be even better than the game they actually enjoy the most. And obviously, 99% of the time your game will not be better, what mean that they'll just not play it.
At the opposite, you've Joshua Tree 's the "surprise us" approach. The players have no expectation regarding your game, and then will more easily give it a try even if it's an average one.