Help needed regarding W-8BEN form on Patreon

DeafPerv

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Hi,
So i'm a non usa citizen and currently a college student. I do part time jobs and not yet required to pay taxes in my country.

I'm almost there to release my game through Patreon and i need help with the W-8BEN form.
What am i supposed to write on line 8(country name?) & 9?

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
If I were you, I'll go and see someone from the tax administration to make sure you don't make mistakes even on what seems good to you.
Unless you think that the words of people you don't know are an absolute truth ...
Even some very caring people can tell you shit thinking they know.
There are people for whom it is the job to inform you so don't hesitate to go see them.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
If I were you, I'll go and see someone from the tax administration [...]
This and you can also directly ask Patreon about this. You probably aren't the only one using their services in your country and they perhaps have the correct answer.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Hi,
So i'm a non usa citizen and currently a college student. I do part time jobs and not yet required to pay taxes in my country.

I'm almost there to release my game through Patreon and i need help with the W-8BEN form.
Depends on the country your in for college. If you are in the US for college then any money you make in the US you still have to pay US income tax. As you are a resident of the US while in the country

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Hi,

The following link goes over every single detail of that form, so go down to Part II of the form to see if your country has a treaty using the link provided within this document:

If you can not open the right page, here is a link to a list of countries who have a tax treaty with the United States... If you're country has one, then you must fill in the blanks for the Part II section:

You may have to ask Patreon or your local tax authorities exactly what numbers and so forth to place into Part II section 10... A lot of the times, colleges have personnel that can answer questions regarding filling out those types of forms... Or go see a local tax processor if Patreon can not give you the correct answer... I hope that helps...