help needed with posing in daz

Carlos Me

Jul 22, 2018
Hi,

I have been using Daz for a couple of weeks now and I think I understand the basics. My issue is that I can't find the answer because I am not sure what it is called ( English is my second language).
So I am sorry if it's already posted on a thread somewhere.
When I am doing poses with 2 characters, how can I avoid them to blend together. Is that even something that is possible in Daz or I have to pose characters infinitely until it is right. I don't know the terms so any direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Future VM maker

Dec 14, 2020
No way as far as i understand. You need to adjust them manually. i can only advice you not to try to make ideal pose from every angle. adjust only parts that will be in camera view. or just change camera so those imperfections are not seen

Reactions: Carlos Me

Feb 3, 2020
I know Daz3D does not have soft-body dynamics but I am always curious on why it doesn't have rigid-body collision.

dynamix911

Dec 24, 2018
It's pretty limited but you can setup some simple collision with the mesh smoothing modifier. Select a character in the scene tab, go to edit, figure, geometry, add smoothing modifier. Then go to the parameters tab (with character still selected), under the character name click on general, then "collision from" - select your secondary character/object that you want the the first to collide with.

This will morph the geometry of the character some when the collision item starts to impact it, you can adjust the intensity of the effect with the "collision iterations" option in parameters. It's far from perfect, you can definitely still end up with one object inside another, but it gives you more wiggle room for precise posing. Instead of needing to find a super exact spot to make it look like one object is touching another, you have more of a range, where a light touch will barely cause any morphing, while a deeper touch will cause more significant indentation.

Here are a couple of quick renders to demonstrate the effect:
Collision off:
poke2 off.jpg

Collision on:
poke2 on.jpg