Help removing/smoothing seam around G3M Dicktator anus

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
I'm running into an issue with a seam appearing around the Dicktator asset for the G3M male. The root/base of the penis is fine, but the area around the anus has a really profound seam for a particular model. I took a couple shots from different angles to try to show what I'm dealing with. The "Anus Edge Fix" slider helps a little, but doesn't completely resolve it. After using the slider to get the depth difference mostly smoothed out (better seen in Angle 2), I also tried changing Instancing Optimization to memory (thinking it might be similar to the G8 black eyes issue) but that only helped a little.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Have you tried changing to a different, but similar pose to see if it's not just extreme (in Daz's brain, at least) angles creating it? It's unlikely to work, but worth a shot nonetheless; is there a limit on the "Anus Edge Fix", if so try turning off the limit for the slider (Make sure you're on correct slider > Gear icon on slider > Parameter Settings > Uncheck "Use Limits" > OK/Okay/Apply > and keep sliding to see it if it helps at all. Are there any rogue morphs related to the butt/anus, by any chance? Perhaps something that's related to shape, spreading, size, etc.

And it's only doing it with this noticeably with this current model, right? Assuming it works fine on another model, load up said model it works on, go to the hamburger menu (three lines with the play button symbol) on the top left side of the pane (I usually find it works easiest to have the parameter pane open when you do this), hit "Show Hidden Preferences" (or settings, forget which). Once you do that, stay on the Parameter pane, but go up to the "Currently Used". Take screenshots/video/pictures of some sort with your phone, anything that can record the settings used there for reference.

Now, open up the problem model again, repeat the steps above to show the hidden preferences/settings (if needed). They may still be showing, so if they are, just ignore the 'repeat the steps' part above. Make sure you're on the currently used for the problematic model (this is why I was giving steps with two working Daz files in mind, avoids needless confusion), now compare the settings/sliders in the video/screenshots/pictures of the settings of the working model to that of the problematic render. Don't compare everything, just the settings/sliders they have in common. Specifically, anything that has to do with the anus.

If you're use the working model and problematic model in the same file, you should probably be able to select the Dicktator asset and do the same as above for that on both. Beyond that, it could simply be a PA/Model conflict with Dicktator itself. Someone more experienced with that side of Dicktator might be able to give a more concise answer on how to fix it, though.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BoundByNight

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Thanks so much for the advice. Good questions and I'll check them out when I'm back at my rig today.

Its the first time I've noticed it on any of the models I'm using, and others have been similarly posed. Although, as I think about it, I may have been cleaning up those seams in Photoshop but they just weren't quite as pronounced as with this model. Doing a side by side comparison is a good idea.

I tried unlocking the edge fix slider but it seemed to just go into realms of ridiculousness as the mesh went crazy. I'll play around with it some more.

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions.

I love Dicktator for the assets in front but it's always been a little finicky in the back. (Though honestly probably not what most devs are worried about.)

Reactions: MissFortune