Ren'Py Help!! Ren'py games not launching on windows 10

asethm

Nov 4, 2019
i have no idea whats going on. I've played dozens of Ren'py games in the past, but now when i try to launch them there's just...nothing. No error messages, no traceback. I double click, and nothing. I've tried troubleshooting, running as administrator, even tried updating my graphics driver-- nothing. I just reset my entire computer and there's no change. Please help!!!

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
i have no idea whats going on. I've played dozens of Ren'py games in the past, but now when i try to launch them there's just...nothing. No error messages, no traceback. I double click, and nothing. I've tried troubleshooting, running as administrator, even tried updating my graphics driver-- nothing. I just reset my entire computer and there's no change. Please help!!!
Did you try setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7 SP3 and then rebooting the computer?
Sometimes that helps.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The only thing I see is the anti-virus silently killing the game.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If you can execute the game ".py" file instead from your system console and you should get an error message.

Sometimes it is something as silly as just having special characters in the filepath that your system doesn't recognize.

(if for instance your games are inside a folder that has an "ü" renpy might not be able to find the game when executing)