Help this stupid game messed up my mouse and keyboard!

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Rape of the Dead
Help this stupid game messed up my mouse and keyboard! I have to use my phone to get on here! All the keys don't work right some open programs that don't normally like esc opened task manager. Please someone tell me how to get my keyboard back to USA English and not some foreign layout in guessing is what happened. I tried looking in settings but nothing works. Plus I can't navigate with the mouse not working right.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
reset the computer or undo turning your language locale to japanese?

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Help this stupid game messed up my mouse and keyboard! I have to use my phone to get on here! All the keys don't work right some open programs that don't normally like esc opened task manager. Please someone tell me how to get my keyboard back to USA English and not some foreign layout in guessing is what happened. I tried looking in settings but nothing works. Plus I can't navigate with the mouse not working right.
reset the computer or undo turning your language locale to japanese?
restart didnt fix it. What language locale?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Layout switching shortcut is Ctrl+Shift by default. It could be disabled, though. Or not working with your current layout...

Is the mouse now working after restart?

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Layout switching shortcut is Ctrl+Shift by default. It could be disabled, though. Or not working with your current layout...

Is the mouse now working after restart?
not working. Also it's one left click instead of two to open things and it opens things in a new window instead of in the current like when browsing online.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Can you at least open layout settings and change them?

You can change the mouse behavior from the folder options button of the explorer window (among several other places where the dialog can be opened from)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Ok mouse works....but keyboard does not work at all. Num lock icon is on but no keys do a thing. I tried seeing settings but it's all English and US with qwerty

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Well the mouse 1 click opens stuff again. It selects everything instead of one again. Keyboard.somewhat functions but left side keys do not work. So no spacebar q a w s z x shift Windows key air ctrl caps lock tab 1 2 3 esc. Not sure what else to do. Everything was fine....until I played that game. The controls started acting weird in the cave level where you have to rescue the girls. I had to use the mouse to turn and a and d to move around. R and shift and space did not work. Esc also open task manager instead of the in game menu. Rape of the Dead is the cause and now I need a solution.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Well the mouse 1 click opens stuff again. It selects everything instead of one again. Keyboard.somewhat functions but left side keys do not work. So no spacebar q a w s z x shift Windows key air ctrl caps lock tab 1 2 3 esc. Not sure what else to do. Everything was fine....until I played that game. The controls started acting weird in the cave level where you have to rescue the girls. I had to use the mouse to turn and a and d to move around. R and shift and space did not work. Esc also open task manager instead of the in game menu. Rape of the Dead is the cause and now I need a solution.
Unplug your keyboard and see if your mouse starts working. Sounds like your shift and/or ctrl keys may be stuck because ctrl+shift+esc is combo to open task manager.

If that makes your mouse work, try another keyboard from a different PC if you can.

Reactions: 6DarkRaven9

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Unplug your keyboard and see if your mouse starts working. Sounds like your shift and/or ctrl keys may be stuck because ctrl+shift+esc is combo to open task manager.

If that makes your mouse work, try another keyboard from a different PC if you can.
well my caps lock now works but it's reversed so it needs to be on for lower case. But space and all don't work. I tried unplugging the keyboard but the mouse still selects everything. I cannot deselect either. I have no other keyboards or mice. Trying to do anything is impossible right now. All programs dont work right because of the keyboard and mouse. I can't navigate steam or anything. My browser also messed up. Now Firefox gives me two options one start in safe mode or two refresh Firefox and lose add-ons and stuff. I'll have to find a way to get another keyboard and mouse to test things but would like to solve this sooner.

Edit: OK I fixed the issue. I was able to get another keyboard. Things are now functioning normal again. Sorry about being a real bitch. I got anger problems from my pa. :3 Thanks for the help guys. :kissingheart: