Help with buggs in Daz3d

13a

Jul 22, 2018
Hi again, since I started using Daz3d sometimes some models or clothes are bugged. For example, when I try tu put makeup in a character or underwear. In the screenshots you can see the buggs and I don't understand why this happens.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
For the makeup, check your viewport render mode, you should have it set to "Photoreal", not "interactive".

For the underwear, it looks like it is not fitted to the figure somehow, or maybe you have manually set a scaling factor on the underwear?

13a

Jul 22, 2018
For the makeup, check your viewport render mode, you should have it set to "Photoreal", not "interactive".

For the underwear, it looks like it is not fitted to the figure somehow, or maybe you have manually set a scaling factor on the underwear?
Thanks for the makeup but I have the program in photoreal not interactive. And the underwear I modified the body of the model not the underwear, but I always have the same problem with clothes, for example when a I move the arm of the model the shirt buggs, like in the picture.
imagen_2024-03-23_201346621.png

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
For the makeup, depending how it's done, it will not always show in the viewport, but will be seen in the render. The whitened look of the face tend to point to this.
Pass to the auxilary viewport (same panel than "scene", the tab right above it), point the viewport camera to only see the face (to speed up the process) and select Iray or Filament as display mode. You should then see the makeup.

But for the clothes issue, it's strange. Auto-fit is far to be perfect, but it have no reasons to lead to those two issues.
The second is a male asset, are you sure that you selected "Genesis 8 Male" as original figure when the auto-fit dialog box popped up ? And, like it's a dForce asset, have you restarted the simulation after changing the pose ?

But it still don't explain the issue with the first one, that is a Genesis 8 female clothe loaded on a Genesis 8 female figure. I don't have the girl, but the panty from Sensual Wear 02 load without problem on a Genesis 8 female, and it correctly follow morphs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Therefore it have (almost) no reason to act like it do with you. This especially since Nikolina rely on separate morphs from the official body and head morphs packages.

I tried a lot of things at home, and the only moment when I get a result similar to what you get is when I unfit the panty. So I wonder: How do you load the clothes ?
You select the model that will wear it, then double click on clothe, right ?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I think with the second image (the wool sweater sleeve) the problem is self-intersection of the clothing mesh - the bend is extreme so the part of the sleeve below the elbow is already inside the part above the elbow before the smoothing iterator can run.

You might call it a "bug", but it really is just a situation that the poor quality 3d object simulation cannot handle.

For a clothing item that was more closely "skin wrapped" to the body, and/or if the elbow bend was moved in gradually in an animation while you ran d-force, maybe it would work better.

Richard Fappington

Donor
Jul 30, 2018
Hi again, since I started using Daz3d sometimes some models or clothes are bugged. For example, when I try tu put makeup in a character or underwear. In the screenshots you can see the buggs and I don't understand why this happens.
For the makeup issue in the first screenshot: Make sure you are using the makeup material that matches the base skin shader. Looks like you are using a Mousso character and adding Iray PBR makeup. That likely means there is an Iray Uber set of makeup as well. You can confirm which base skin material type the character is currently using by selecting the character, going to the surfaces tab, and selecting one of the surface items (such as Arms).

1712018603012.png

For the clothing issue in the second screenshot: Try adding a smoothing modifier to the clothing (select clothing item > Edit > Object > Geometry > Add Smoothing Modifier). Some clothing assets come with this by default when you load it on to a character and some do not.
If you are still having issues with a bit of poke-through try adjusting smoothing/collision iterations as well as adding a push modifier (same spot as smoothing) and play around with that value a bit.

Without smoothing:
1712018888429.png

With smoothing:
1712018925682.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: 13a

13a

Jul 22, 2018
For the makeup issue in the first screenshot: Make sure you are using the makeup material that matches the base skin shader. Looks like you are using a Mousso character and adding Iray PBR makeup. That likely means there is an Iray Uber set of makeup as well. You can confirm which base skin material type the character is currently using by selecting the character, going to the surfaces tab, and selecting one of the surface items (such as Arms).

View attachment 3501250

For the clothing issue in the second screenshot: Try adding a smoothing modifier to the clothing (select clothing item > Edit > Object > Geometry > Add Smoothing Modifier). Some clothing assets come with this by default when you load it on to a character and some do not.
If you are still having issues with a bit of poke-through try adjusting smoothing/collision iterations as well as adding a push modifier (same spot as smoothing) and play around with that value a bit.

Without smoothing:
View attachment 3501271

With smoothing:
View attachment 3501272
Thanks, I already solve the underwear problema and now thanks to your advice I will considerer the skin shadder. Thanks for your time answering all my questions your a savior.