Ren'Py Help with crash

kymar10

Jan 2, 2022
Hello! Im playing Pine Falls 2 but is has some issues in Mac OS: First of all, I had to change the folder "game" of Pine Falls 2 with Pine Falls 1 in order to be able to execute the game. So, PF2 game folder is now in PF1 and I am opening the game through it. This solution was posted by some users in the post of the game, but there is not so much more info about it. Everything is OK until I arrive to the motel, when the game crashes without any report.

So, is there any way to solve this? Maybe, is it possible to edit the save file to set the number scene/image onwards? I mean, the crashes appears in the, for example, scene number 10, so can I change the save to set it in the scene number 15 to avoid the crash?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Everything is OK until I arrive to the motel, when the game crashes without any report.
Hmm, if there's no report, it mean that the crash didn't happened in Ren'Py itself, but either on the Python interpreter, or the system itself. What also mean that it's something nearly impossible to analyze, and rarely possible to solve, at least in an easy way.

Maybe, is it possible to edit the save file to set the number scene/image onwards? I mean, the crashes appears in the, for example, scene number 10, so can I change the save to set it in the scene number 15 to avoid the crash?
It's not possible to do this, but with the console enabled, and if someone know the rights label, you can make the game jump after this point. It's not without risk, but it's the only way to pass over the part where you crash. You should ask in the game thread for this.
But be aware that it don't guaranty that the game will not crash after this. You jump over one problem, but it don't solve it, and there can be more problems.

kymar10

Jan 2, 2022
Hmm, if there's no report, it mean that the crash didn't happened in Ren'Py itself, but either on the Python interpreter, or the system itself. What also mean that it's something nearly impossible to analyze, and rarely possible to solve, at least in an easy way.

It's not possible to do this, but with the console enabled, and if someone know the rights label, you can make the game jump after this point. It's not without risk, but it's the only way to pass over the part where you crash. You should ask in the game thread for this.
But be aware that it don't guaranty that the game will not crash after this. You jump over one problem, but it don't solve it, and there can be more problems.
Thank you so much! But is it possible to get a list of the labels from any file of the game? I don't know about code, so I am only able to use the "jump" command but I need to know the name of the label or something else.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
But is it possible to get a list of the labels from any file of the game?
Not really, at least for someone who don't have some base knowledge. But with chance you'll find someone like that on the game thread.