help with daz genitalia colors

Pain

May 15, 2017
If the genitalia textures are correct for the characters skin and using the correct UV map it is probably a shader difference (different surface settings between genitalia and the other bodyparts). You could save a shader preset for the torso and apply on the genitalia while holding down the ctrl key and IGNORE maps (to NOT replace the texture).

See thread

for more info of probably the same issue.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
As you can see from the attached image i'm having problems trying to match the genitalia colors. If someone could explain this to me I'll be able to start posting great content here =) BTW In the image im using genesis 8
In order to help you, we'd probably need to know more about the models that you're using.

First - does your male character even have materials for the genitals? Some do, some don't.

If the character does have genital materials, then typically you have to re-apply those materials after you have applied the genitals to the base figure. When you first apply the genitals, they probably showed up grey. Once that's done, you apply the materials corresponding to the figure, and they should match. There are two types of character materials, in general - in some cases, there's an explicit material for the gens, which are to be applied directly to the gens. In other cases (generally G8 and newer G3 figures), there is an "all in one" material that includes the gens, so you re-apply the character's material after having attached the gens.

If your characters does not have materials for the gens, things get a bit tougher. One approach is a variant on the one @Pain suggested, and can be done in several steps:
  1. Create a material preset, as @Pain suggested, and apply to the gens while holding down CTRL and then telling it to ignore the maps. This will get things like glossiness matched up.
  2. On the surfaces tab, find the character's torso. Look at the diffuse color entry, and find the JPG that is the diffuse color of the skin.
  3. Find an appropriate place on that map to sample the color, and then apply that color to the diffuse color on the gens.
The result won't be astounding, but at least they'll match.

Another approach, again depending on what generation your figures are, is to use an alternate set of gens like Dicktator. (Which can be scaled down to "mere mortal proportions.") This product has a script that will essentially build a texture for the gens based on the textures for the rest of the body. This will get the color pretty much right. You may still have to do what @Pain suggests in order to handle things like glossiness.

So that's general advice. Given knowledge of the figures you're using, we might be able to give more specific advice.

Reactions: dlord and p_staker
Jun 29, 2018
"mere mortal proportions."
This made me laugh. I'm using Dicktator and the default must be like 18 inches. With Dicktator I also have trouble adjusting the colors to match. I also edit the textures in Photoshop but they are still not working for me as good as I want:

DicktatorColorIssues.png

I'm going to test doing the suggestion from @Pain and see if that may be what's giving me the trouble. It looks like it's another night of looking at dongs for me. What a way to end the year.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Are you guys using Genesis 8?

M3D Dalton is a character that has a 'large gens' morph using the basic gen 8 genitals. So you can just use the texture provided with the character instead of trying to match Dicktator.