Help with Daz

P_π

AKA-Nirguin-
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Hello, I was recently interested in this program and I am very new to this and I have some doubts about how to use it and how to configure it.
-The first is that at the time of rendering an image and I see in my task manager I am only using the CPU and not my GPU and checking in the settings I have marked to render both GPU and CPU but I do not know if I am wrong or that is how It must work (I leave a screen shot)
RENDER_TEST1(cpu 10011).png
-The second is how to achieve that the clothes fit properly to the body of the character, I have already used the option of "FIT" but I have problems with the shoes and with the lingerie I try to put on (as in the screen shot I leave) .

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hello, I was recently interested in this program and I am very new to this and I have some doubts about how to use it and how to configure it.
-The first is that at the time of rendering an image and I see in my task manager I am only using the CPU and not my GPU and checking in the settings I have marked to render both GPU and CPU but I do not know if I am wrong or that is how It must work (I leave a screen shot)
View attachment 446636
-The second is how to achieve that the clothes fit properly to the body of the character, I have already used the option of "FIT" but I have problems with the shoes and with the lingerie I try to put on (as in the screen shot I leave) .
Looking at the screenshot you've uploaded... 600 iterations in less than 2 minutes, sure you're using the GPU :p
You can activate the Windows Task Manager to show you the use of the CUDA cores of your GPU, but I recommend, better, that you download the free program GPU-Z; once you run it, in the tab "Sensors" you will see information on the use of your GPU, the memory used or if there is anything that limits its power (any doubt with its use don't hesitate to comment).

As for dresses, sometimes it's complicated depending on which dresses or poses to get that fit perfectly, but there are several options to get it ;)
For example, the top, I see that the straps don't fit all well, but for very little ... that is very likely because that particular clothing doesn't have "Smoothing modifier" (not all have, although it's very common that yes).
To add it: select the outfit, go to the menu "Edit" > "Object" > "Geometry" and finally click on "Add Smoothing Modifier". Almost instantaneously you will see that those straps already adapt to the body of the character.

On the other hand, in the pants I think you have another kind of problem, because the feet don't fit at all to the boots, lol. This could be because you're using a dress from a specific Genesis model in a different one (for example, Genesis 3 dresses in characters that are Genesis 8). There are ways to adjust it, but, at least for starters, you better use the right dresses for each generation of Genesis (there are many to choose from).

Apart from the above, each dress can have its "morphs" to better adapt to the parts of the body (you can find them, selecting the piece of clothing, in the tab "Parameters", in "Actor"), depending on the creator will have more or less, there are some that have infinite modifications while others will only have the option to expand ... for those who have few options, or even for those who have many, I recommend these utilities, are a "must have":

Reactions: P_π

P_π

AKA-Nirguin-
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Looking at the screenshot you've uploaded... 600 iterations in less than 2 minutes, sure you're using the GPU :p
You can activate the Windows Task Manager to show you the use of the CUDA cores of your GPU, but I recommend, better, that you download the free program GPU-Z; once you run it, in the tab "Sensors" you will see information on the use of your GPU, the memory used or if there is anything that limits its power (any doubt with its use don't hesitate to comment).

As for dresses, sometimes it's complicated depending on which dresses or poses to get that fit perfectly, but there are several options to get it ;)
For example, the top, I see that the straps don't fit all well, but for very little ... that is very likely because that particular clothing doesn't have "Smoothing modifier" (not all have, although it's very common that yes).
To add it: select the outfit, go to the menu "Edit" > "Object" > "Geometry" and finally click on "Add Smoothing Modifier". Almost instantaneously you will see that those straps already adapt to the body of the character.

On the other hand, in the pants I think you have another kind of problem, because the feet don't fit at all to the boots, lol. This could be because you're using a dress from a specific Genesis model in a different one (for example, Genesis 3 dresses in characters that are Genesis 8). There are ways to adjust it, but, at least for starters, you better use the right dresses for each generation of Genesis (there are many to choose from).

Apart from the above, each dress can have its "morphs" to better adapt to the parts of the body (you can find them, selecting the piece of clothing, in the tab "Parameters", in "Actor"), depending on the creator will have more or less, there are some that have infinite modifications while others will only have the option to expand ... for those who have few options, or even for those who have many, I recommend these utilities, are a "must have":
thank you very much applying the belt thing worked for me, thanks for taking your time writing all that

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
> settings I have marked to render both GPU and CPU

If you have a half-decent GPU, the CPU does nothing (apart from slowing down your PC). DAZ will still use the CPU for any non-GPU stuff it needs (setup, etc), so just untick "CPU" in that menu.

pilots2013

Oct 9, 2019
Additionally, if sometimes the scene it's too big is possibile that the assets don't fit into VRAM so the rendering is forced to use the CPU.

In this specific case I see you had 660 iRay iterations in less than 2 minutes. Unless you have some monstrous CPU your GPU was definitely used for the rendering.