AI Help with OpenPose advance editing

SDAI-futa

Dec 16, 2023
I'm working with PoseNet in SD to create more complex poses, and I'm reaching a point where I need more room to edit things.

My main issue is that when I'm working with two people (I know SD is not great at that yet) their limbs interlace in a way that does not make sense. Say you have two people hugging, sideview. Instead of the right arm of person1 extending to hold person 2, it seems the right palm (which I created inside posenet editor) attaches it self to the LEFT arm, and as a result it seems like it comes out of peron2's stomach, or in the middle. I do a batch of images to reflect a pattern, and it's consistent, this issue is in each one.

I took a closer look at the resulting png after I generate images, and it seems the arm in the above case is layered wrong. That is, instead of the right arm, (completed, with the elbow and wrist points) being drawn over person 2, it is drawn under the individual limbs, so that legs and hands are on a higher layer than what that arm should be, and that arm should be on the highest level.

I'm attaching in image to hopefully explain this better:
problem.png

as you can see, the peron to the left has the arm under all the other limbs. I want to create something like this:

pose_attempt.png
above, the person to the right has his arm drawn *over* the other person's body.

My question has two parts:

1. Does it even matter to SD how this is drawn? It seems to be.
2. If so, is there away to do that inside Automatic1111 and OpenPose? Is there a different editor I can do this with?

I tried to look into the Json file - my logic was that if I can change the order the different limbs are drawn in the file (copy paste and move them around) it would fix it, but it looks like a gibrish of number without any relation to the coordination the OpenPose editor gives when you use it. Does somehow know how it works?

Thanks in advance!

SDAI-futa

Dec 16, 2023
I managed to get around this with denoising. It wouldn't work under 0.7, but once I passed that threshold, while giving OpenPose more control ("OpenPose is more important") I got the arm right every single time.

So the way it's shown above doesn't matter, SD figures out what you mean, which is good.

The problem is that with higher denoising come other versions I didn't want, so it's a case of what comes first and what changes you can do later with inpainting, etc.