Help with Poser, Victoria and Michael assets in Daz

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
Hi!
My trouble is when I try to use files from poser (more of them .obj), Victoria or Michael assets with Daz3d. I don't mind new ones, they use to fit perfect, but with old assets from Victoria, Victoria4, Michael or Michael4, I install the assets but I can't find them anywhere in my Daz 3D Library.
As I know where they are located, I try to import them (usually as .obj). But then they have no link to the textures, and if they are cloths assets they don't work as it.
I tried to make a search here but I couldn't find any answer (for now)

Thansk in advance!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
To install properly a poser format
1/ create a directory anywhere
2/ paste the runtime in the zip in this directory
3/ rght-mouse>add runtime directory in poser
Then go to content library>poser>(the runtime where you have installed them)>figures and search there. Most probably the material will be in 'poses'

1/ and 3/ just need to be done once, but it depends on how you organize your poser directory. You can have a directory with all your poser content, a directory per product or a directory per category (clothing, envs, etc) ( and it is what I do). And I *never* use DIM for poser content.

Reactions: dick bullcock

dick bullcock

Aug 11, 2018
To install properly a poser format
1/ create a directory anywhere
2/ paste the runtime in the zip in this directory
3/ rght-mouse>add runtime directory in poser
Then go to content library>poser>(the runtime where you have installed them)>figures and search there. Most probably the material will be in 'poses'

1/ and 3/ just need to be done once, but it depends on how you organize your poser directory. You can have a directory with all your poser content, a directory per product or a directory per category (clothing, envs, etc) ( and it is what I do). And I *never* use DIM for poser content.
Thanks!
I try it just now