help with rags and adrift

shccer

Sep 4, 2017
my computer does this annoying thing where i cant really install anything on it because it asks for a password for an admin user that doesn't exist. anyway, i was wandering if theres a version of rags and adrift available to download where you can just download a zip file extract it and your ready to go without any installation or setup needed. i tryed to search for one, but couldnt find anything. any suggestions?

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
First of all, hello to you - you're new. Wishing you a healthy welcome, shccer. :)

To my knowledge there are also some non-installer archives to be found, what you're looking for. I am pretty sure some links are posted in the game 'Release' section. Here are all games in category and sorted. You can also use the search function (to the right, the small search field). Use e.g. 'rags player', let it show you the post with context, not just the title. Then check the first post (OP) of a game thread for links, and / or the links you may find posted within threads. Sometimes people asked for a specific version (like you), which may have been posted later on pages.
You will need different versions of RAGS player / engine iirc, depending on the game in question being updated for a more recent player app or not. So I think you can end up with at least a version 2.4 and one v3.0 app, both should suffice for most of the games out there. Sometimes you find out that only one certain player version will work with a game.

I am not sure about Adrift, did not play games with this engine recently. Maybe @muttdoggy can help you out? Think he got some links to RAGS player archives as well.

You may also go and check ' ' section, esp. 'General Troubleshoot' area, for questions about these player apps. Use the search function there too I'd say - if you don't get a player to start with a game perhaps somebody already found a solution. Hope this helps somewhat. If you got more questions and did not find answers in the forum do not hesitate to ask, please.

Have fun being with us here. :)

Reactions: BILLYTHEKICK

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@shccer
Has 3.0 rags in a zip. IF you need other versions let me know.