Help with [Ren'Py] cheats

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
Sorry new to most if not all these types of Cheats, console commands and such.
Was wondering what mod or item i am missing to enter console commands into a
[Ren'Py] [VN] game. I see were i download the game in a tab - Cheats_ has a bunch of console commands but not sure how to bring up the tab.
In skyrim it was ~ And a few of these are shift + O

Thank you for any help :)

Reactions: babaformemebebe

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Try
Save the zip attached to the OP to decent location (I have a folder with all my games tools in) and unzip it.
Copy the unzipped UnRen.bat file to the same place as the game.exe.
Run the batch file and choose option 9 (that's everything), dev console, images, everything.
Press enter when completed and that closes the un-ren console window.
Launch the game and you should be ok to run Shift+O
Note
- After running this, you can view game pictures in the game\images folder.
- In game press Shift+D and you can view the variables and maybe work out the entry needed to help you in the game. Remember that the commands are case sensitive and some changes may have none or adverse effects on the game.

DarkSoul99

Aug 31, 2018
Try
Save the zip attached to the OP to decent location (I have a folder with all my games tools in) and unzip it.
Copy the unzipped UnRen.bat file to the same place as the game.exe.
Run the batch file and choose option 9 (that's everything), dev console, images, everything.
Press enter when completed and that closes the un-ren console window.
Launch the game and you should be ok to run Shift+O
Note
- After running this, you can view game pictures in the game\images folder.
- In game press Shift+D and you can view the variables and maybe work out the entry needed to help you in the game. Remember that the commands are case sensitive and some changes may have none or adverse effects on the game.
how doi find commands without someone posting it is there a tutorial or somthin if u know please tell me

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
how doi find commands without someone posting it is there a tutorial or somthin if u know please tell me
Commands for what?
If you mean unren.bat it opens in a dos window and has the options listed there.

If you mean the commands for the dev console, press shift+D in game and that will bring up the console and you can select any of the options there.
DevMenu.jpg

If you mean the commands for the cheats, that depends on the game. You need to look at the Variable Viewer
VV.jpg
Always best to have a save game before you do this... then you can roll back your changes if need be.
Choose the variable(s) you want to change. Maybe open a notepad file or screenshot the variables.
Click Return.
Open the console (shift+O)
Type {the variable name paying careful attention to upper and lower case} = {value}
Example: LanEng = False
press return
You can change multiple variables in one session
For a name it must be written {u"<name>"}
Example: aup = u"Great Grand Mother"
Note:
If the variable is in <> like aaa in the attached file. That is a variable set by the game and is best left alone.
If you misspell the variable such as Aup then you will get a new line in your variable list, hopefully it won't break your game.
Some games rely on the variables being accurate changing something may mean you miss an event. On the flip side, sometimes (on occasion) you can play multiple paths at the same time.
Some games have built in checks to stop you cheating. Like money being too high for example.

Hope this helps. If not, and you can't find the answer with a forum search, it would be best to open a new thread as this one has been listed as solved.

DarkSoul99

Aug 31, 2018
Commands for what?
If you mean unren.bat it opens in a dos window and has the options listed there.

If you mean the commands for the dev console, press shift+D in game and that will bring up the console and you can select any of the options there.
View attachment 823824

If you mean the commands for the cheats, that depends on the game. You need to look at the Variable Viewer
View attachment 823825
Always best to have a save game before you do this... then you can roll back your changes if need be.
Choose the variable(s) you want to change. Maybe open a notepad file or screenshot the variables.
Click Return.
Open the console (shift+O)
Type {the variable name paying careful attention to upper and lower case} = {value}
Example: LanEng = False
press return
You can change multiple variables in one session
For a name it must be written {u"<name>"}
Example: aup = u"Great Grand Mother"
Note:
If the variable is in <> like aaa in the attached file. That is a variable set by the game and is best left alone.
If you misspell the variable such as Aup then you will get a new line in your variable list, hopefully it won't break your game.
Some games rely on the variables being accurate changing something may mean you miss an event. On the flip side, sometimes (on occasion) you can play multiple paths at the same time.
Some games have built in checks to stop you cheating. Like money being too high for example.

Hope this helps. If not, and you can't find the answer with a forum search, it would be best to open a new thread as this one has been listed as solved.
thanks man u really helped me

Reactions: kiteares