Help with running qsptools on mac/linux os

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I've been trying to run qsptools on my mac. It's a Java program so I thought it would be easy to run. I thought wrong. I've ran into more problems than a girl with daddy issues. The more I search the more I want to throw my computer out the window so if anybody can guide somewhere towards the light it would be greatly appreciated.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I assume you are running python on your mac?
Strike that - my head was somewhere else. I meant of course: are you running java 8 or an older version? I had problems before i updated my java on pc as well and found the remark from the author about java 8
quote'

by » Mon May 08, 2017 3:11 pm

This is not the only way, but it's the way I follow to do the French translation.

I use :
  • Notepad++ because we need something that can handle large file and different encoding
  • AutoHotKey, to speed up the translation import in HPCS creator
  • A java program ( ) which was not design for that, but still does the trick.

Last edited:

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I'm using java 6 for wine and has java 8 and the legacy java for my mac installed

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I assume you are running python on your mac?
Strike that - my head was somewhere else. I meant of course: are you running java 8 or an older version? I had problems before i updated my java on pc as well and found the remark from the author about java 8
quote'

by » Mon May 08, 2017 3:11 pm

This is not the only way, but it's the way I follow to do the French translation.

I use :
  • Notepad++ because we need something that can handle large file and different encoding
  • AutoHotKey, to speed up the translation import in HPCS creator
  • A java program ( ) which was not design for that, but still does the trick.
I can't get the program to come up at all using wine and in osx

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
What I'm doing: I have a WinXP backup in a VMWare to run those more exotic things that wine wont run. (On Ubuntu)

Most modern graphics intense games won't run very well in a VM because of the limited graphics card access, but for esoteric, non-wine-supported stuff that isn't actually graphically intensive like "most of these H-Games" it works very well.

Last edited:

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Nope, I never could get the .jar file to open as it should
I've got it working on Linux, might work same on Mac? Worth a go.

Download the Offline version of Java8 for Windows x86 . Then install it through WINE using the /s silent install tag as per:

Code:
wine jre-8u161-windows-i586.exe /s
This installs Java into the WINE directory but doesn't actually tell you that it has installed it.

Then open RegEdit through "wine regedit.exe".

Look in CURRENT_USER/Environment for a REG_EXPAND_SZ called PATH and if not create one. Enter the value as the path to the Java bin:

Code:
c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\
Then you SHOULD be able to launch the batch file directly. wine cmd then launcher.bat.