Daz Help with Smartphone by Xile3D, please

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Hello, the past week I have been trying to learn how to use DAZ Studio.

For a scene that I would like to render I required a smartphone and found this pretty great asset:

What I especially liked about this one was the provided photoshop files and the ability to change the time and date for example.
Well, I want to change the time and date and in photoshop I can modify the text files that are used for the input, but it doesn't change on the graphic at all.
I will attach a screenshot of photoshop as an example, so you understand what I mean.

Unfortunately I'm a noob in both daz and photoshop and after googling for a while and even using the photoshop bridge plugin, I can't seem to figure out how to properly change the time and date. I also wanted to change the background behind the time and date to an image later.

The readme provided in the product does only explain how to use it as a prop in DAZ, but not how to change anything about it.

Would anyone be so kind and explain me what I have to do for these changes?
I would appreciate it a lot, thank you very much in advance.

Edit: Figured out how to change and apply the date & time. Now I gotta work on the background idea.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I have not this asset, but in general the screen is a texture with an image. The simpler is
1/ load your phone with a screen that is close to your need.
2/ activate the surface tool and select the screen
3/ go to surface tab, search the image associated with the screen, browse it in daz and copy it somewhere else
4/ modify your image in photoshop or gimp and save it
5/ use this image as the new screen texture

Reactions: Nelythia