Daz Help

VeritasLex

Feb 6, 2020
Hello all,
I hope someone can help me because it's bugging me so much.
First problem with these skies:
I want to do a scene that is on the beach. When I load the sky, it is so overexposed that the sand or some parts of the body don't look natural. Or the environment looks like bad weather (cloudy).

And with this sky:
Here the sunbeam effect is too little for me.

Does anyone know a sky or can help me with the settings so that it looks like sunshine weather on the beach?

The second: I'm looking for tops that come very close to this one: 1.png 2.png 3.png

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Hello all,
I hope someone can help me because it's bugging me so much.
First problem with these skies:
I want to do a scene that is on the beach. When I load the sky, it is so overexposed that the sand or some parts of the body don't look natural. Or the environment looks like bad weather (cloudy).

And with this sky:
Here the sunbeam effect is too little for me.

Does anyone know a sky or can help me with the settings so that it looks like sunshine weather on the beach?

The second: I'm looking for tops that come very close to this one:
For a similar top, this one maybe?:

For HDRI's, you can tilt and rotate it in the render->environment tab. Or find a HDRI that doesn't have a horizon like that I guess. There's tons of all kinds.

As for how bright the HDRI specifically is, you have environment intensity setting in the same tab. Lowering that will also make the HDRI darker though. Another option is the tone mapper tap, a ton of different things there named after real camera things that all seem to do the same thing (experts might jump in and lecture us).

My super-honest opinion is to add a HDRI that looks good, and makes the environment look good, then add extra spotlights or meshlights to get better light on your characters. Most of the time HDRI only makes characters look flat imho.

VeritasLex

Feb 6, 2020
For a similar top, this one maybe?:

For HDRI's, you can tilt and rotate it in the render->environment tab. Or find a HDRI that doesn't have a horizon like that I guess. There's tons of all kinds.

As for how bright the HDRI specifically is, you have environment intensity setting in the same tab. Lowering that will also make the HDRI darker though. Another option is the tone mapper tap, a ton of different things there named after real camera things that all seem to do the same thing (experts might jump in and lecture us).

My super-honest opinion is to add a HDRI that looks good, and makes the environment look good, then add extra spotlights or meshlights to get better light on your characters. Most of the time HDRI only makes characters look flat imho.
Because of the top, that is too little neckline for me. The breasts almost have to fall out, if you know what I mean.
I'm already trying Fit Control, but the result is not exactly what I had in mind.

About the HDRI, you don't have an easy solution for me. I haven't been using Daz for that long so it would be good for me to get a simple solution.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
About the HDRI, you don't have an easy solution for me. I haven't been using Daz for that long so it would be good for me to get a simple solution.
I think his solution was perfect: Use a HDRI for the skybox and adjust it's brightness/rotation until you get the baclkground scenery looking how you like. This will usually result in the character looking too dim. So then you add a few Daz spotlights to brighten and show depth of the character in the foreground (look up "three point" and "two point" photography studio lighting).

VeritasLex

Feb 6, 2020
Thank you both, since I use a translator was not quite clear to me at first what was meant. Now I got it right. Thank you.

Reactions: osanaiko