[R>Artist 2D] [R>Artist 3D] Paid Share 『 Helping Hands 』— Looking for co-workers to build an RPG-like game.

Shinoera

Jan 13, 2019
Hello, and thanks for looking at my thread; I hope you will find this project interesting since I've thought and worked on it for quite a long time. However, I'm still dubious about some points, so here I am. Two or three brains are better than one. It's an old idea I got more than a year back, but I stopped it because I thought I couldn't "manage" a team by myself. But now, here I am! By the way, I may also look elsewhere for artists & programmers, by I hope I can find people here since most people here are already men of culture for months or even years. :BootyTime: It would be more appreciable and less embarrassing to work with people from around here.

Project:
So, firstly, the game would be called: 『 Helping Hands 』. It can be changed if needed, but I think it does the trick to attract the players' interest. It would be an RPG-like H-game (with possible point and click aspects like in all those Ren'py games, but only if I have a programmer skilled enough to do it) but is from time to time strongly story-driven. This is a fantasy comedy with some darker aspects that unveil during the story's progression. The main tags are: Transformation, Romance, Harem, Monster-girls (elves, orcs, rabbit-folks, goblins, etc.), Milf, Strong Female Characters, Anti-Hero, Womb Tattoo.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Developer:
I'm an experienced writer who worked on many different projects: H-games, web novels & community projects for more than 4 years. I'm mostly known for fantasy writing, but also some fan-fictions. I can write approximately 20k to 40k words a month. I won't talk about myself a lot here because this thread does the job. All the possible questions you have may find the answers here, but if you still have some questions about my works, etc., don't hesitate. The reason I'm putting my other thread on hold, for now at least, is because of too many offers built upon nearly nothing specific, too vague.

Looking for:
2D Artist/3D Artist. I'm not that hard to please concerning art, but I favor some art styles overall. :unsure: I can't really explain it, tho, so it's best if you just send me samples of your work. If you're a 2D Artist, I hope that you can also do background and character/NSFW. For 3D artists, I just need enough details, you don't need to blow up your PC, tho, just a bit is sometimes better than a whole bunch. But it's okay if your area of expertise is only characters or background. I may contact artists who have already posted a thread in this sub-forum.

Possibly programmer, depending on what software you use and your experience. I've already tried different software to make the game stand out on the RPG side of it: RPGM MZ, Wolf RPG, Godot, with maybe some point and click aspect to it, but I'm still not good enough, so if you know at least how to make an RPG with VN-like features it would be good enough for me. We can talk of the rest together later since the point-and-click crossover is only an idea to ensure that the gameplay isn't boring and linear. I may also contact programmers who have already posted a thread in this sub-forum.

Employment Type:
So, here the spicy paragraph, the one most people fear. I know most 2D/3D artists (or artists in general) prefer to be paid per commission than from a shared pay, and I understand that. That said, if you want to change from money/commission to shared pay, later on, we would need to discuss it, same for the other way around. I'm open about a wide range of rates, just be understanding about me not being able to vomit cash. $1000 to $1300 at the beginning for a project like this isn't that much considering the pricing of some art (even if I know this is hard work), so if we can make a deal about the rates, it would be a lot better for me.

The programmer would "enjoy" a shared pay since most of my first payment would be concentrated toward the art; that said, I can pay a token (like $10) at the beginning to show that I'm serious about this and do this every month (as long as we don't have a way to earn money monthly).

Share rate if 3: 50% Artist / 25% Programmer / 25% Writer.
Share rate if 2: 50% Programmer / 50% Writer / +Pay per commission for 2D Artist.

A more appreciable alternative for a share with the 3 of us if the project works well: 45% Programmer / 45% Writer / 10% Artist + Pay per commission. That way, both writer and programmer can have enough to "live" and the artist always has a minimum pay + the pricing of his/her works. It can be changed to 40%/40%/20% if the artist has a lot of work to do.

Work commitment:
I guess it would be a part-time job, but for a pretty long period, since most of the time, projects like this are slow to develop in their early stages, except if we get a lot of help from the start of course, but it seems unlikely.

Preferred method of contact:
Here, by PM, or by Discord: Shinoera#1768.

Job Description:
Nothing fancy, like said before, for the art, I need someone skilled enough to draw/render lovable characters, mainly female of course, but for the MC too and other male characters, but I don't particularly want every drawing/render to be a 10/10 quality works, a scene doesn't need to be pixel-perfect. For 2D, background drawing (even simple) could be a nice asset. NSFW stuff is a must-have, too, since this whole community turns around it. Animation for sex scenes would be cool, but this isn't something specifically required, don't worry about it.

The programming would be simplistic at first. Mainly focusing on adding the basic RPG assets of a game, while little by little adding a new set of ideas/effects to make it stand out. I have a bunch of software for FX, pixel art & vector drawing, so I can help if required, especially if it's done by RPGM or Wolf RPG. I can modify some tilesets, help with map creation, etc. (but I'm dubious about this since I can do part of this by myself but just try it anyway
î_î). If you have ideas and knowledge about how to make a simplistic cross-game (point-and-click), you're even more welcome to contact me.

Additional comments:
This is a lot to read, but I think it's essential for you to know all this, but well... I might have written a lot, actually. I hope this project captured your attention, so, maybe later, at least to discuss it! (y)

Last edited:

Shinoera

Jan 13, 2019
Mini-bump, I thought again about the art, and it may look good with 3D art too. I might have found someone, but since I don't know how it could unfold during the next few days, here I am.

If programmers are still interested, either Ren'py, Unity, or RPGM one, don't hesitate, I just can't put more than 4 tags above to my thread. I'm still open to a change in how the game would be played.

Stubbornstain

Apr 15, 2020
In terms of "monster people", if you want a 3D artist, you'll be limited to what is able to be purchased in the stores selling products for Daz3D/Poser since I would guess 99% of 3D artist don't have the inclination to make their own products (takes a lot of time in particular). I've seen things for furry characters, sure, but in terms of actual mammalian monster people (I know there is a proper term for monster people/girls but it eludes me right now) I've only seen nekos so far (maybe there's more). I was able to morph the neko ears to make bat ears though, which was nice. Too often, the ears form part of the body itself and are not separate.

I did see a seahorse "monster person" posted to the Daz3D store today, now that I think about. A mermaid can easily become a whale and I've also seen an octopus attachment. As to whether I want to help out with this project? I don't know.

Dating simulators usually sound boring to me. However... the premise does seem enticing. The anti-racist vibes could maybe be used as a subtle way to remind people of our own world. If you really get stuck, you can look me up on Deviantart and perhaps we can negotiate. I started animating things in the winter of this year, so there's that.

Jet Jaguar

Sep 28, 2017
Hey 2D artist here.
From what I've read the project sounds interesting and if you're still looking for an artist, maybe we could talk more. I don't have the ability to PM people on here yet but if you message me, I'll send over some of my work and we can talk.