Sep 3, 2023
this is the exact message I get, the game doesn't even start.

shutdown now. Sorry... :(
The invocation of the constructor on type 'hhs_.ContentFilterListUserControl' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.
The type initializer for 'hhs_.ContentFilterManager' threw an exception.
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\data\ContentFilter'.

I can't find a .zip or .7z file, so I'm not really sure. where would it be located in the game files?

Im on a MacBook, but I have windows 10 installed and everything.
The .zip or .7z wouldn't be in the files, it's the compressed file format you get when you download the game from the links here. All the game files are inside of it. Modern systems allow you to open them like a normal folder and even run files from them without unpacking (decompressing), but it can cause problems, as Dzeris suggested (that's what they meant by "start hhs+.exe from inside archive instead of unpacking archive"). If you're in Windows 10, there should be a setting to show file extensions in your file explorer, and you'll probably see that the folder the game is in is actually a .zip or .7z file. That could explain why the game can't find certain paths, so unpacking may solve the problem. Depending on your version of Windows you may be able to do this by right clicking and pressing unpack or unzip, or you may need to download the tool 7zip.

This game has a history of not working well in virtual machines (if you read back through the thread you'll see that). If you have a newer Mac with the Apple processor, the version of Windows you're running would be "Windows for ARM". As far as I know the game is entirely untested on that version of Windows, so it may just not work. If you have an older Mac with an Intel processor, you'd be using regular Windows and have the option of using Bootcamp instead of Parallels, which may give you better results if unpacking doesn't help.

22cwcd

Dec 18, 2022
The .zip or .7z wouldn't be in the files, it's the compressed file format you get when you download the game from the links here. All the game files are inside of it. Modern systems allow you to open them like a normal folder and even run files from them without unpacking (decompressing), but it can cause problems, as Dzeris suggested (that's what they meant by "start hhs+.exe from inside archive instead of unpacking archive"). If you're in Windows 10, there should be a setting to show file extensions in your file explorer, and you'll probably see that the folder the game is in is actually a .zip or .7z file. That could explain why the game can't find certain paths, so unpacking may solve the problem. Depending on your version of Windows you may be able to do this by right clicking and pressing unpack or unzip, or you may need to download the tool 7zip.

This game has a history of not working well in virtual machines (if you read back through the thread you'll see that). If you have a newer Mac with the Apple processor, the version of Windows you're running would be "Windows for ARM". As far as I know the game is entirely untested on that version of Windows, so it may just not work. If you have an older Mac with an Intel processor, you'd be using regular Windows and have the option of using Bootcamp instead of Parallels, which may give you better results if unpacking doesn't help.
well I finally got it to work, for whatever reason I can't open it from finder, I have to open it from files in windows, but I can't save my game, this is the error message I get when I try:
Error saving game to file '\\Mac\Home\Downloads\[Full] HHS+1.10.6.0-release\SavedGames\Smallville\save1.sav'.
unable to open database file.
Any Idea of what I need to do?

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
well I finally got it to work, for whatever reason I can't open it from finder, I have to open it from files in windows, but I can't save my game, this is the error message I get when I try:
Error saving game to file '\\Mac\Home\Downloads\[Full] HHS+1.10.6.0-release\SavedGames\Smallville\save1.sav'.
unable to open database file.
Any Idea of what I need to do?
Run game from C: drive on Windows guest. Not from downloads directory on your mac.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
I think I am, I have it running, I just can't save my game
"Error saving game to file '\\Mac\Home\Downloads\"

This would indicate that game sees current directory as network location and not as local drive.

Imposture

Apr 18, 2017
Haven't played in a couple years, nice to see it's got updates. However I'm I can no longer gift items to NPCs. Did they change this? If so how do I do this now? I don't see the option when chatting. Now that I can't give gifts how do I increase friendship or give them the drugs from the chem lab? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Haven't played in a couple years, nice to see it's got updates. However I'm I can no longer gift items to NPCs. Did they change this? If so how do I do this now? I don't see the option when chatting. Now that I can't give gifts how do I increase friendship or give them the drugs from the chem lab? Thanks in advance.
Gift options are restricted on quest NPCs.
v.1.10.4 also changed personality types and what kind of gifts NPCs ask for.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sims4Amateur

Jul 27, 2021
Has anyone successfully made an alternative scenario? TEST is obviously not a real one, but I haven't seen any signs of an actual alternative to Smallville anywhere. I'd appreciate directions if one does exist.

dongus01

Nov 3, 2017
Has anyone successfully made an alternative scenario? TEST is obviously not a real one, but I haven't seen any signs of an actual alternative to Smallville anywhere. I'd appreciate directions if one does exist.
the only one that ever resulted in anything was Lexville, on the forums on their website. Its not completely a new thing, its more of a Vanilla+ experience, but its good

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
Probably as complete as it will be in any foreseeable future. More like dead, it used to be good long time ago, but it is now very much outdated, still hanging on to the generic hentai pics that were hot two decades ago. Paperdolls aren't bad, but if you try to do anything fun and you see the same low quality image completely unrelated to the girl it can kill a boner very fast.

3.50 star(s) 57 Votes