2.90 star(s) 26 Votes

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
My man is also going to (drum roll...) open an office door, to chat with his publisher, Elizabeth.

(and due to issues beyond mortal comprehension, he's going to narrowly avoid smacking himself in the face with the door, since he misjudged how it opens).

Or maybe it's me that got the judgement call wrong, but I'm happily going to blame the MC ;)

day2officebegin031.jpg

Reactions: sn3p

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
My man is also going to (drum roll...) open an office door, to chat with his publisher, Elizabeth.

(and due to issues beyond mortal comprehension, he's going to narrowly avoid smacking himself in the face with the door, since he misjudged how it opens).

Or maybe it's me that got the judgement call wrong, but I'm happily going to blame the MC ;)

View attachment 3839177
Woohoo! Already better than real time 3D games where doors typically just swing open by themselves. :LOL:

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Happy Friday.

In the current game, you've all played / seen the scene with the MC in the office, with Elizabeth, where Eric bursts into the place & goes a little cray-cray.

Well, in the new version, I'm taking it to a whole 'nother level. Good call? Bad call? Eh, we'll see.

I'm having a blast rendering the scene and with the music + audio effects added in, I think it's going to be pretty epic.
day2officefight07.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: asahibito

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Happy Friday.

In the current game, you've all played / seen the scene with the MC in the office, with Elizabeth, where Eric bursts into the place & goes a little cray-cray.

Well, in the new version, I'm taking it to a whole 'nother level. Good call? Bad call? Eh, we'll see.

I'm having a blast rendering the scene and with the music + audio effects added in, I think it's going to be pretty epic.
View attachment 3846722
Well, since it is going to be a dream fantasy scene, might as well give us some horizontal MC x Liz action with a humiliated Eric watching...

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
I usually don't do shots this close, since the depth of field settings I'm using across most of my shots are the same depth, the closer the camera, the less percentage of the overall shot is in focus - the majority is blurred out, as Tricia's eyelashes here.

However, there is something very nice about such a tight shot forcing you to look at their lips. I think I want to test bringing their mouths to the center instead of lower part of the image before I go too crazy.

*Also* if you like this kind of thing, there's a , and right now with the new beta next week, I'm near done with story images, and wondering: what should I animate, if anything? Is the MC that much of a voyuer that if he could watch...how much would he watch?

I guess i'll find out by the votes; poll closes in 2 days to give me time to render things, if anything, as I'll be mostly writing, and doing audio engineering work for the next week. I do have a bit of time to squeeze in some animation though :)
day2officefight051.jpg

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
ummmmm is mc dad or no??
It's been answered here a few times way back in the discussion thread, but to be clear: no.

The way it's written is the story is customizable so you can interpret things how you like - it's also why, as many have said, the current script is "Awkward as fuck."

Due to the excessive repetition in parts of the script, reading the current production version isn't the best experience as well, which is why I'm about 33,000 words into the rewrite / remake, with nearly ~1,300 or so brand new images (some remakes of the existing scenes, and some major improvements, if I do say so myself).

The new beta 1.2 edition should be dropping this Sunday, and the first beta 1.1 is currently available to supporters everywhere (Steam, Itch, Patreon).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
mrbigchungus

The visuals following this seems weird. All of a sudden she is back next to him and then after that she is walking away again. Seems like she is teleporting.

For this next one, maybe it is the lighting or angle or even the texture used, but what is on her face does not look like what just happened. The color looks like something from the other orifice. :LOL:

Nice update. The dialogue definitely feels more full. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: mrbigchungus

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
For the first one:
All of a sudden she is back next to him and then after that she is walking away again.

...hm, I'll need to reread that section and see if I can isolate what the issue is. I spent a lot longer today working than expected, so if there are bugs, I apologize.

Usually, I go through more bug fixing but today...sigh. I didn't.

For the second one:
Yeah, I was considering removing those for the animation - the default texture isn't ideal for the scene.

If other folks have an issue, then I'll certainly remake it.

...finally, I could swear it's been less than two hours since the update. I guess you read it quickly.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
The visuals following this seems weird. All of a sudden she is back next to him and then after that she is walking away again. Seems like she is teleporting.
Okay, I figured out what was wrong there, I'll push an update probably tomorrow morning, since I've got the animation re-rendering now, and it'll take time, as well as since I'm changing out the animation, there are a still image or two I think that'll need replacing as well.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
The fixed animation has a lighting issue which means I'm rendering it a third time - that's the charm, right? So I'll be shipping the bug fix build in ~12 hours more or less.

Also adding a variable to keep track of one of the scenes in the game, since that'll influence the story & I spaced adding one. If I find anything else, I'll fix / modify that as well (going through the game again this morning while the computer is on fire...I mean, rendering animation).

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
KK, fixed that animation by swapping it out with a new animation, also removed the associated static image(s) and fixed the Elizabeth "teleportation," issue.

I haven't had any other bug reports yet, so I'll resume work on the new stuff I started today for the next remake episode.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
KK, fixed that animation by swapping it out with a new animation, also removed the associated static image(s) and fixed the Elizabeth "teleportation," issue.

I haven't had any other bug reports yet, so I'll resume work on the new stuff I started today for the next remake episode.
New animation is definitely less akward.

And, what if?... "Teleporter Liz" will return in the next MCU (MrBigChungus Cinematic Universe) installment.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
New animation is definitely less akward.

And, what if?... "Teleporter Liz" will return in the next MCU (MrBigChungus Cinematic Universe) installment.
ROFL.

I called the new updates "betas," simply because I'm pretty sure despite my best efforts, I'm gonna have bugs. Thanks again for calling those out, it made my life easier.

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes