2.90 star(s) 26 Votes

thealjey

Nov 15, 2020
It should be such a minor and insignificant thing.
But, damn, those constantly shifting backgrounds are fricken annoying.
This stupid effect is giving me motion sickness.

Reactions: sagesmile430

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
It should be such a minor and insignificant thing.
But, damn, those constantly shifting backgrounds are fricken annoying.
This stupid effect is giving me motion sickness.
I'm hopeful you're referring to the production edition not the beta right? I've heard this before about the production edition, but never the beta version. If you can, I'd love to get confirmation. Cheers.

thealjey

Nov 15, 2020
I'm hopeful you're referring to the production edition not the beta right? I've heard this before about the production edition, but never the beta version. If you can, I'd love to get confirmation. Cheers.
"Herheartsdesire-1.3-market.zip" downloaded from here (via GoFile) yesterday

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
"Herheartsdesire-1.3-market.zip" downloaded from here (via GoFile) yesterday
That's...the first I've heard of anyone having issues with the beta for the transitions, odd. Do other games give you the same feeling?

Projekt Passion, for example, uses the exact same transitions I do (I know, b/c I copied their Renpy transition style for the bulk of the game).

Edited to add:

You can disable the transitions in the Preferences page by clicking on "Transitions," underneath the "Skip," heading.

thealjey

Nov 15, 2020
That's...the first I've heard of anyone having issues with the beta for the transitions, odd. Do other games give you the same feeling?

Projekt Passion, for example, uses the exact same transitions I do (I know, b/c I copied their Renpy transition style for the bulk of the game).

Edited to add:

You can disable the transitions in the Preferences page by clicking on "Transitions," underneath the "Skip," heading.
I don't think it can be disabled.
I isn't a transition between scenes, but a very slow movement to the right of each one of them.

This is specifically what I'm talking about in the code:
Python:
scene bg daytwomorning011 with dissolve:
        subpixel True
        xalign 1.0 yalign 0.5
        zoom 1.05
        easein 40.0 xalign 0.0
The only way I was able to make the game playable for me was by manually changing it to:
Python:
scene bg daytwomorning011
I have never played a game that did something like this, certainly not on every single slide.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
I don't think it can be disabled.
I isn't a transition between scenes, but a very slow movement to the right of each one of them.

This is specifically what I'm talking about in the code:
Python:
scene bg daytwomorning011 with dissolve:
        subpixel True
        xalign 1.0 yalign 0.5
        zoom 1.05
        easein 40.0 xalign 0.0
The only way I was able to make the game playable for me was by manually changing it to:
Python:
scene bg daytwomorning011
I have never played a game that did something like this, certainly not on every single slide.
Well, it's not on every image, fortunately - just a lot of them. And you're right, it doesn't disappear when I disable transitions.

If other folks have similar feedback, I can always change things. You're the first person who's brought it up regarding the beta.

Reactions: thealjey

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
I'm wondering something:
For Horny Holiday, I've added a bunch of stuff (bad endings, etc) to the replay feature due to player feedback, and for HHD once I add the replay feature back to the beta, I'm wondering if it makes sense to add stuff like the kissing scene from the morning of day 2, for example?

It's a really nice animation, but it's not a full blown sex scene. Similarly, there's the (spoiler) stuff that happens with Eric in both the office, and then later, which have different kinds of animation.

Should those go in the replay feature?

OR should I stick to just adding the full blown animated sex scenes to the replay like in the current production game? I don't have a strong opinion here, and I'm curious other folks POV. Cheers.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
There's a single scene in the production version like this, and it's probably not going to be remade. What I am most likely going to do is figure out a way to add a "bonus scenes," section or similar including the older, non-remade content in the remake so folks that appreciate the extras will get them.

Comparatively, the remake is less sexy heavy than the existing game; the beta in progress has four animated scenes with sex, one of which is in the 1.4, 3 of which are in the 1.3. In the new 1.4 coming out, the total word count is around fifty-three thousand words, and by that time in the current production version, there are a lot more sex scenes. So hopefully from those metrics you can see it's less sex dense and more story rich.
Cutting sex scenes for more dialogue is a poor dev move. You should be able to increase the story and keep the sex scenes, and figure out how to integrate them. Other dev's have stories where the characters have early sex, *and* it makes sense in the story.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I'm wondering something:
For Horny Holiday, I've added a bunch of stuff (bad endings, etc) to the replay feature due to player feedback, and for HHD once I add the replay feature back to the beta, I'm wondering if it makes sense to add stuff like the kissing scene from the morning of day 2, for example?

It's a really nice animation, but it's not a full blown sex scene. Similarly, there's the (spoiler) stuff that happens with Eric in both the office, and then later, which have different kinds of animation.

Should those go in the replay feature?

OR should I stick to just adding the full blown animated sex scenes to the replay like in the current production game? I don't have a strong opinion here, and I'm curious other folks POV. Cheers.
Usually gallery's can have the images, or the videos. "Replay" most often is the entire scene, dialogue included. If you're only wanting to drop the pics, or videos without any dialogue, you can do that with a simple split gallery like that and just not have the replay part of it.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Cutting sex scenes for more dialogue is a poor dev move. You should be able to increase the story and keep the sex scenes, and figure out how to integrate them. Other dev's have stories where the characters have early sex, *and* it makes sense in the story.
Yeah, I do have the same number of sex scenes in the game as before -> slightly different ones, this time around, since the story is different. Also, given how many people bought the game, I don't think they'd be happy if the remake had a lot less. :)

For example, the 1.4 in progress that I'm wrapping up this week has ~14 animations in it already, all 60 frames at least, and 30FPS - so longer, and higher FPS, than the existing game. Apologies if I communicated what I'm doing with the remake poorly.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
I'm playing from the top today as I debug and wrap up the beta 1.4; there's a few audio issues at the beginning, and the narrator label was missing when you customize the landlord relationship.

If you know of any or see anything that's not ideal, could be fixed, or feels like a bug in the 1.3, feel free to chime in and I'll add it to my list of stuff for the day. Thanks.

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
What is the difference from the last version where it was complete? Now you can avoid lesbianism and not just omit it and with that you lose scenes? Or is there only one or another new scene and a little more dialogue?
And it ends where the previous one does, that is, when they go camping?

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
What is the difference from the last version where it was complete? Now you can avoid lesbianism and not just omit it and with that you lose scenes? Or is there only one or another new scene and a little more dialogue?
And it ends where the previous one does, that is, when they go camping?
> What is the difference from the last version where it was complete?
Tons of differences -> the game isn't complete yet in the remake, and even including the beta coming this weekend, it's less than 1/2 of the original game.

>Now you can avoid lesbianism and not just omit it and with that you lose scenes?
Not sure how to interpret this one, the lesbian scenes were avoidable in the last production build (I am not sure if that's the one here or not), and in the new edition, there is a new lesbian scene with Tricia + Elizabeth near the beginning, but it's optional, and you'd have to pick the right choices to get the scene, otherwise, it's something you miss.

>Or is there only one or another new scene and a little more dialogue?

Hm, including the beta in progress that I'm shipping this weekend, there's about fifty-three thousand words in the new edition, most of it rewritten, and of the images, there's only 72 that were reused from the production edition today; in other words, about 95% of the images & animations are brand new.

> And it ends where the previous one does, that is, when they go camping?
The remake in progress doesn't -> yet -> have an ending. For the Harem ending, there are scenes after the camping trip - again, not sure if that's in the version here on F95, OR if the version here is missing those and it's only in the Patreon / Itch / Steam versions.

Reactions: Rockero_69

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
So which one should I download?
v1.3 or v1.08? Which one do you guys recommend?
If you haven't played before - I'd recommend the v1.3, even unfinished, it's infinitely better than the existing completed game.

If you don't mind playing a mediocre title and only prefer more complete games, then I'd say go for the 1.08 personally.

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes