Ren'Py - Onhold - Her Little Secret [v0.2.81] [Overflown]

1. 2.00 star(s)

ubira

I agree with everything the person below said, so I won't repeat it...
    I find MC's insecurity very unbearable... fear of everything... seeing the guy with his dick between his legs while the guy is terrified, and the girl is more beautiful than a goddess dying to get him, and the guy "but It's wrong to do this in public" the girl puts his hand on her pussy and breasts and the guy almost faints... if there's one thing I hate it's cowardly protagonists... since supposedly in a game like these the idea The main thing is to be able to "experience" something that normally there isn't much chance of outside of a game, that's why I always like to put myself in the MC's shoes... but the guy looks like he just became a priest and is on a mission of world purification where everything for him is a sin... he looks like a little child where his mother told him that such things are wrong... the girl masturbating in the library and the guy seriously thinks about telling her to stop hahaha wtf...
    What caught my attention about the game are the renderings... maybe it's a good game if you're going to click through without reading anything at all.

edit: I have to mention, at one point the mc tells the girl when they are watching Harry Potter together that he would kiss Professor Snape, when the girl mentions that she likes the teacher, but when the girl goes to be with the mc, he tells the girl that she is going too fast.. wtf hahaha
  2. 1.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ music
    + renders
    + Elyse (funny & crazy chick)

- one of worst mc i ever played.. brainless, pathetic pussy scared of everything and panic all the time (dude has 25 years)
    - he talks too much about meaningless things during sex scenes, just fuck the girl and shut up
    - sex scenes are bad, girls guide him most of the time because he has no idea what to do. Also a few scenes have black screen instead of renders
    - story is poorly written - especially carter, other reviews cover it perfectly, no make sense to repeat the same things
    - characters are boring, conversations between them even more
    - mifa, most annoying girl in this game, why mc even care about her opinion? ah, because he is a total sub who can't stand up for himself
    - relationship development not exist here, girls throw themselves at you outta nowhere
    - avn give NTR vibe
    - lack of any important choices

everything in this game is bad, especially our pathetic protagonist, game would be much better if he was a cuck, because he has perfect personality to be the one, it's a destiny for him
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Storm_13

Cool game, with a great storyline. True, I’m tired of protecting Sola from fuckers, I don’t know if there is NTR in the game, but sharing my woman with others is not my thing. Although this possibility adds some spice to the game, for me, NTR is like a trap that you try to avoid at all costs.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

ahahlberg

It's pretty and the dialogue is generally good but the entire Carter plot thread is ludicrous. When I got to the part where the MC tries to tell Eve about Carter and she doesn't believe him and can't explain why - I gave up. That whole plot thread is a waste of time with Carter and his cronies and the fact that a lifelong friend won't give the MC the benefit of the doubt is simply ludicrous. And the fact that the author makes no attempt to have the MC explain the details of his distrust of Carter to either Sola or Eve is unnatural. If the MC is actually a good guy he would lay it on the line since the threat is real.
    So this might be tolerable if you just skip over any dialogue and just look at the pictures then it's passable. But if you're looking for a good story, this isn't it.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Portugal1

(V 0.2.7) Played from the beggining. Only for Sola. Real cute and sweet. Deserves to be happy and for the man she likes (the hero). Regretting that he is so silly. Fortunately, the balance was restored and we can attend to the
    growing affair between those two. Just admitting some kind of sharing with her sister... Keep the good work.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Maladika

One of the best game around. I hesitated to give it 5 stars.. but it's always perfictible.

I'll start directly with the best parts of it :

- The graphics are great. The girls are really hot, with expressive faces (that is not so common), nice clothes too and the sex scenes are just perfect : arousing and with very nice animations (probably the best animations i ever seen in an adult game). all these parts are just a 10/10 for me.
    Sound is often still missing but that's not the most important part of it.
    The characters are believable. you feel they have a personal background behind them... that make them more interesting and exciting.

- The story is quite good too with vague aspects of some characters' pasts that make you want to know more and to see what happens next.

The only aspects i could criticize is that the scenery feels quite directive. Actually i'm not sure the choices i made influence at all the story. Sometimes i thought the MC was acting stupid without been able to change anything of it. But it's the 0.2.7 i played and anything can change still.

Anyway... this game is really one of the best i played this last years.
    very nice work to the creator !
  7. 4.00 star(s)

MikesDK

I am enjoying the story, its decent and interesting with decent looking girls.
    MC isent bad, sure there are times where you wish he would do something diffrent but i think thats normal in every game.

Only part i am not really a fan of is that the only virgin in game is MC, they could atleast have made Sola or her sister a virgin as well to even it out.

Story 4/5
    Maybe a little vanilla but still has some nice plots with the blackmailers.
    Relationships and feelings for the girls is good and well written.

Girls 3/5
    They arent the best looking ones ive seen but they are decent, never been a fan of huge tits but they arent over the top in this one, do miss some with smaller tits though, most seem to have the same build so it could be improved.

Animations 3/5
    Ive seen better and longer ones, but they arent bad and might improve as far as i can read so might change this part later.

Music 3/5
    Its the average background music without being mood setting for scenes, its decent and better then silent.

Sandbox 3/5
    Its not bad once you get used to it.

Updates 2/5
    They are really small 5 to 10 mins worth of gameplay i think, so it will take a long while before this gets finished.

I was going back and fort between 3 and 4 stars, but since i did enjoy the story i rounded it up since the story is the most importen part for me.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

stubbruh54

found this game pretty enjoyable, somewhat quirky plotlines/stories but overall good pursuit of LIs and some hot scenes.

I don't mind sandbox games really, but this game doesn't really need to be one. For the most part it's very linear even though you spend unnecessary time with extra clicks figuring out where to go. But on the other hand there isn't actually really grind with it, maybe a couple stats you need to make sure you get up. But yea, that's my big knock is that the structure gets in the way of progress and i could see if people get frustrated with trying to click around the confusing and inefficient UI
  9. 4.00 star(s)

365 others

I'm quite surprised this game doesn't have more reviews. I thought, given how few of them and the comments there are that it might not be that good, but still decided to give it a try and I enjoyed it very much.

Although the game starts a bit slow with the introductions being a bit simple and almost boring, the individual character development for both the MC, the girls, and even the NPCs starts right away and becomes a major pro in this game from my point of view.

The UI when free roaming could use a bit of refinement as it's not that easy to follow or understand at the beginning, but you can get used to it fairly well.

The main story is also very catchy, and even tho it started a bit slow it becomes more and more intriguing. At several points I thought it was starting to become predictable, just to be surprised with a twist or an added complexity/depth that I did not expect at all.

All in all, I liked this game very much and will be following it with great interest.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Bekfast

First time reviewing a game here, but want to put a review for this game for this patch especially since the dev seems very engaging with the community, is quite frequent in updates and quick with bugfixes, which is very rare here these days. And that brings me to the reason for the review which is that I really dont like the direction the plot is going with the recent patch (0.2.1).

I want to say I agree with the points made by Demoness_Kiss under the section "The Bad" and "The Conclusion" in the review below. And that the game went from a 4.5/5 for me to a "i dont know if i will continue playing anymore" this patch.

The game starts off really lighthearted similar to what you would find in other VNs and I really like the extra emphasis in the sandbox elements which allows for many tag/genres to be implemented without forcing players into situations which might make them uncomfortable. Having said that, what baffles me in the plot of the recent patch is that some of those tags seems to have became unavoidable in the main plot. And that I personally avoid such tags in games if it is confirmed to be unavoidable.

I noticed that the dev also does patreon votes for patreon-exclusive content which does include more sensitive or niche tags (which I think is the perfect way of handling said content for the game's characters for those who would be interested and want to support the dev), which was why I was so surprised and disappointed with the plot in this patch when it did something which could potentially narrow down the game's audience by taking this drastic turn.

I understand the dev probably put a lot of time thinking of the plot and putting all the pieces together (especially for such an ambitious branching sandbox game), so changing the plot to steer away from this patch's direction is probably impossible. But my suggestion is maybe the recent story parts can be an optional route for those who want to go down that story path but allow players to go through the story with tying into the carter blackmailing group plotline.

Aside from this patch everything so far has many good signs of a great game, which makes it suck so much that this patch took such a bad turn for me. This is honestly the first game in the adult VN genre where I even considered supporting because up until this patch everything in the game shows such great potential and seeing all the effort and work put in by the dev is really too rare these days.

TLDR of my thoughts on the other aspects of the game:
    - Good models (agree with many people that Sola is one of the best I have seen and others are not too bad either)
    - Some performance issues with animations; Personally dont like the blur in them cuz who wants to have trouble seeing the scene during it lol (and im pretty sure its the root of the low frames in certain animations)
    - some animations doesnt feel too fluid, but not a big issue for me in the early stages of a game since in most cases this improves over time

I will give the game 3 star after this patch, and will continue to keep a close eye on the game.
    If I see signs in the general direction of the story changing(since imo it took a 180 turn this patch) or if the content/plot introduced in the main plot this patch becomes optional, I would definitely consider supporting development for such an ambitious and high potential(imo) game. Otherwise I don't think will return to the game. Thanks for reading!
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Demoness_Kiss

Reviewing v0.2.1

There will be major spoilers

The Good

- The main love interests(Sola and Evelyn), i love how they look, i love how they're written, i just like to see them on screen
    - MC is an underdog, he is not a chad nor an asshole or someone with powers. He is someone you can relate to, he is a decent person trying to live his life the best he can with his insecurities and his dorkiness.

The Annoying
    - MC's overall obliviousness and idiocy: Yes MC may be an underdog, but not a smart one nor someone cunning, he is just lucky that everyone else is more stupid than he is but i'll elaborate soon, keep in mind MC being stupid is important to explain something that without it, there would be no drama at all.
    - Mifa: Oh yeah, Mifa is annoying but also points out a trope that i grow to dislike but not hate(yet!), because i don't get how it works(if it works at all). Mifa is the classic annoying person that needs a lackey that tells you that her personality actually isn't that bad. Why this annoys me? Because how annoying someone can be that they need a second person to vouch for them? How rarely characters like Mifa are nice to people? Because it's the only reason that would explain the need for that "vouching-person"; They're good, just so rarely that someone must beg for you to be kind to her. If she was nice(or even civil) to begin with, there would be no problem about having a good first impression nor a need for Sola to look MC in the eyes and say "My sister is actually not that bad, give her time". Ultimately, she is actually even worse! She brings MC to a bar where people go to hooking-up fast(basically tinder if it was a place XD), so that she can test his loyalty to her sister? How? By having two friends of her trying to seduce MC, only that it goes too well because Mifa's friends actually take a liking of MC...enough to have given him a hand (wink wink) and a mouth (wink wink) in a public place in open view of everyone. Let's not mention how Mifa tells a story about how Sola, who is stated SEVERAL TIMES IN THE GAME to be traumatized by the bullying and sexual harassment she got in high-school, and how she is afraid and paranoid of men because of those events BUT, in that bar gave a blowjob to a random guy in a gloryhole in the open view of a WHOLE bar! i'm still waiting for Mifa to say "Actually, i was messing with you, to test if your opinion of my sister would change or not"...but it doesn't happen. No it's not about "oh you're just mad because Sola has a past before you/MC!", honestly? i wish i was mad for this reason i really do, but no, my problem is how idiotic it sounds on Mifa proposing his sister to take a slutty picture of her while close to a public gloryhole(because yes, it's in the middle of the bar, not in the bathrooms) and it's idiotic on Sola's account because she actually sucks a guy off in public in front of a crowd despite her traumas, hell! It's her 18th birthday when this happens! Are we sure Sola is traumatized by bullies molesting her? Because if the next update tells us that Sola actually wanted to be treated like that, i MAY believe it, but there would be the whole first part of the game disproving this, by showing us how uncomfortable and on the verge of a breakdown when her bully appears at the café! So WHY and HOW a traumatized girl would even misunderstand her sister's dare to take a selfie, and instead goes all out and gives a blowjob to a random stranger?! No bloody idea, it's just stupid.

The Bad
    - The plot: Boy oh boy, we're at the worst part of this game, and i feel uncomfortable, so let's get to it fast: Good start but went down in hell with this update. Let's thank the dev for Carter's backstory and his actual plans for Sola, good job dev, i was loving you and now i wish you quit before it's too late. Carter's backstory is classic: He likes Sola, they're ex schoolmates, she gets bullied, and he does nothing to save her or ease her misery, why? Scared of being the next victim, but he felt sorry for her. He moved on, he joined a group of blackmailing people because blackmailed himself, yet he spends two years with them, does nothing to help the girls whose life he ruined personally, not even gather evidence against the two guys who are blackmailing him apparently, he just obeys. Why Sola didn't recognize Carter? He is good-looking now, and he brainwashed away his old personality(hehehehe NO, he didn't, he is the same) through therapy (AHAHAHAHAHAH, no seriously, he still is a coward who puts his well-being before the Sola's, a girl he insists saying that he still loves). Honestly if the plot was Carter seducing Sola and that's it, I would be cool with it, hell I hope he is a massive asshole trying to trick MC with this sad backstory filled with pathetic sentences, because I don't feel bad for him, I feel insulted by the writing itself! On top of that there is MC's stupidity that stops MC from solving this piece of plot right away, because while Carter confessed EVERYTHING, including names of his accomplices, he does NOTHING to record this confession(despite promising himself to do so, when he eavesdropped Carter in the work-place's restroom), if MC had recorded this whole thing, we would be 2 updates from the credits rolling in, i'm not joking! After MC's stupidity, we have Carter's stupidity: oh boy things get even more ridiculous because he asks MC to help him into getting compromising pictures of Sola, explaining that if Carter gets those pictures, he will edit them and send them to his accomplices ⇽ THIS IS HIS PLAN TO SAVE THE GIRL HE STILL LOVES: Get blackmailing material and praying that the blackmailers (WHO ARE PUSHY FREAKS WITH NO REDEEMING PERSONALITY-TRAIT TO EVEN SUGGEST THAT WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY IS EVEN POSSIBLE), won't blackmail her into have sex with them! What a brilliant plan considering that this is precisely their method of having sex! THEY FIND A VICTIM, SEDUCE HER, HAVE SEX, TOOK PICTURES OF HER DURING THE SEX, AND THEN USE THOSE PICTURES TO BLACKMAIL HER INTO HAVING SEX ALL OVER AGAIN! Jeez, at this point, may as well let these idiots win and be done with it.

The Conclusion

Am i the only one who thinks everything plot-related BECAME offensively stupid here? Or maybe my suspension of disbelief is just not open enough to just...move on and see where the plot will go, i sure won't know, this is where i quit. If the whole plot was about MC, who is insecure, oblivious even a bit dorky, with his own paranoias, and has to deal with a womanizing asshole, and figure out his relationship with a tormented, introverted, traumatized but nymphomaniac girlfriend, i would love it! i mean the drama would be there even in this "version", it wouldn't be a big conspiracy thing, but AT LEAST would make sense! it would allow me to give a higher rating, but this is not the case and i'm that angry because it's not the first time that a game i'm cheering for, becomes an utter disappointment or adds something that clearly wasn't thought through properly like questioning every action and new information. I'm frustrated because despite the fact that the plot has become nonsensical, i still like Sola and Evelyn as characters, i still like MC despite being dumb and everything but cunning, but the plot literally killed this game for me, and i don't want to deal with its corpse.
    UPDATE V0.2.3: The Plot gets worse and more idiotic with several red flags, good luck i officially quit on this.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

xxaccursedxx

Writing is good although story could be more in-depth.

Renders are great and the animations are well done. But the thing is, the environment is just too dim, a bit bleak, lacks lighting and it doesn't look vibrant or attractive.

But I still wanna give it a five since the developer is open-minded, respectful and keeps on pushing updates.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Hunscs7

The writing is incredible and Sola is seriously fucking cute.

It's a shame the other models are so much worse, though. She's literally the only attractive one to me.
    And it's really weird because they don't even look like they're made in the same artstyle, but game's visuals are otherwise great and really consistent...
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Sasarko99

V0.1.81
    The game is nice, and the premise of the story is quite generic but that's actually fine, as long as the love interests and their relationship with the MC along with the events that happen remain interesting.
    The models look nice too, aside from the male ones that look quite soft, especially true for the MC, but the lack of comically looking dick on the MC is certainly a favorable thing, it's big but absurdly big, and the girth matches the length.

The sex scenes are actually nice and varied, you got the dreams which are a good way to get a quick fix while going through the story, and when you start dating Solla you unlock the option to have sex with her all over the house which is really nice, on this department I don't think we'll have to worry about it in the future.

Bad writing and bad English fuse together to make a bad story and dialogue, sometimes it can actually be confusing to follow what's happening or being told, this applies doubly to the MC who can be at times frustrating, for someone who has no quarrel with molesting unconscious people, he can be quite meek and herbivous-like when talking to the girls, Solla who's usually shy ends up makes a move on the MC and he just ends up blabbering around like a god damn buffoon all hesitant, which makes no sense given how he has shown before great interest in her.

The way to earn stats used to be by watching tv and that would spend time, this used to be fine, but the dev got the idea of turning it into a mini-game, now minigames are overall a bad idea to implement into your porn game, seldom do they actually add positive value to the game, and most players just find them frustrating or annoying, this applies even more so to these mini-games because they make no sense, you're supposed to please the girls by telling them what they want to hear, but the dialogue and choices are really nonsense, in the end, it's just a game of memorizing the right answers to click on, and it's quite a drag to play.
    This is why minigames are a dangerous trap for developers, the effort that could've gone into making something more meaningful went into something that not only doesn't add any substance to the game but actually made it worse than before.

All in all the game is promising and I look forward to future updates, but as it stands it's not really anything exceptional, maybe ditching the minigames and focusing more on the story (which has to be properly written) can make the game better.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Gosamr

This fantastic little game is charming as f**k and I won't hear a bad word against it or Overflown, the Dev (la! la! la!).

The mc is actually a nice, smart, affable, principled guy. He's also reasonably unassuming, yet beneath the inexplicably bumbling demeanour, quietly self-assured and by no means weak or cowardly!! Shock horror!!

He's a decent enough team leader too, well with the assistance of Evelyn who even without her hugely distracting voluptuousness is another smart, shoot from the gorgeous hips, cookie and just a beautiful girl to be around (and no doubt in, of course too).

The way Evelyn and the mc (for some unknown reason I named him Falco) both handled Sola's arrival and interview was heart-warming and credible. In return, from both a work perspective and socially and even marginally intimately Sola herself has obviously begun to repay and reward quite handsomely their initially tentative faith in her with a gem of a character; youthful, engaging, completely adorably ditzy and harbouring this intriguingly mysterious secret too.

I'm early into the game (as my review will probably reveal) but certainly sure enough already to be able to honestly justify (as I am doing here) a 5 star experience to date with this game.

So I haven't taken advantage of Sola (even when, despite her early bout of celebratory drunkenness, she clearly seemed to want "me" to) and what's more I don't plan to either. It's not what the mc, despite his apparently fluctuating inclinations in the matter, would do and nor in real life would I either.

No, I'm going to see this through honourably and without expectations to wherever it takes me, even if I end up totally celibate with Sola at least.

I can't promise the same with regard to Evelyn...she is, even for my pretty dogged sense of honour, respect and propriety, a bridge too far. Of course, I feel pretty confident she's going to be, at some point anyway, up for it, so as I said I'll just go with the flow and hope the seemingly inevitable ends up turning into the actually inevitable...with all of them, Kienna included...

Anyway, that's it for me so far...I'll report back when I've more to say, though at this stage I have absolutely no fear or expectation whatsoever of having to return to adjust my rating down, though I'll admit it wouldn't be the first time I've become disappointed and disillusioned in such a situation...
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Razbros

I think this is promising so far. Attractive models, good story and written english. Bits of humour. I like how the game has speech checks for skills, and the jig-saw puzzles that reward pictures.

Thanks for the upload Dev, hopefully we see a lot more of this game :)
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Sesinho

The game is a sandbox with decent menus and decent writing it seems. Visually is decent also, there is just not enough to tell for sure. ITs sure to say that tehre is nothing groundbreaking.

I would say this game is Wasted potential and poor game planning.
    As an example the fact that there are 10 times (maybe more) more content related to dreams or imagination than in the actual real part of the story. You can masturbate to a naked girl you have never seen naked. You can even have sx with her even if you have never seen her without clothes.

IT must be hard to make first releases and find ways to put early sexual content but the case of this game is just too much. I tried it for the preview pictures but what he preview pictures show is not related to plot or character development, its just a product of the ultra accurate imagination of the MC when fapping or dreaming.

This game needs a year or 2 and in my shitty opinion removing all that fanservice and make it part of the actual game, not part of rewards or puzzles or dreams.
    To watch naked girls without a story there are tons of 8K VR 120pfs porn.
    The story is supposed to add value to those images, withhout that value you can't compete with real footage.
    In my opinion.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

someone_notyou

Reviewing version 0.1.21
    Story in the current version is short but still worth a quick playthrough.

Good quality models and renders, no animations (yet?).

Some of the text was hard to read with textbox/font/background colors. I am also playing on Android (JoiPlay) so the text was a little small, would be nice to see some customization options for text size and text box.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

fatemap804

REVIEW _OF_VERSION_01 -->
    Good Graphics, Easy Point and Click, Cute Girls.
    But right now the game is too short to be adamant about above PROS.

Developer, please work on 'THE FLUIDS' in SOLA bedroom scene, doesn't look original.
    and the 'GO BACK' option was missing after talking to SOLA in her bedroom, neither was the 'Go to Sleep' working