RPGM - Completed - Hero of the Demon [Final] [Mousou Endemic]

1. 2.00 star(s)

david12x1

Simple harem plot, nothing interesting.
    Few interactions with the girls, no full development of a relationship with them.
    Only three CGs per girl.

Choosing the NTR path in this game just adds another CG to each girl. The hero in this case does not observe the cheating. And it has no effect on the ending of the game.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

AverageEnthusiast

Game is pretty decent. It's a little light on scenes, which is a bummer though. It reminds me a bit of Sphilia's Familiar, but if the NTR wasn't its own entire route. There's more girls, but each girl gets like, 3 positions. There's some extras, but I'm not counting those since they're so sparse. Grinding is really light. When it says recommended level, it just means, 'don't be a dumbass'. The first 3 girls are the only ones you really need, I never bothered levelling the last 3 since I just obliterated everyone with buffed critical triple cat punch.

Oh, but I will say that the author really went out of their way to show the personalities of each of the main characters. A lot of events can just be triggered by walking around and talking to people, or going on dates with them, of which each character has five. Then there's 3 sets of friendship scenes and then the NTR route also reflects this, it's a whole hub-bub of stuff.

Kinda wish we weren't just mind-controlling them with fairy magic, since that's kinda rapey.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Rinter

EDIT: Wiped my feb 6th review, rewriting it now that I've finished the game.

The fact that I finished it and it left me wanting more would have me giving it 5 stars alone, as there's few games I actually finish now-a-days. The hacky translation is the main reason for the 1 star reduction.

PROS
    - Okay not really a pro but just to address it, the combat system is tolerable. It's not grindy, it doesn't overstay its welcome. For the most part it's pretty easy.
    - Sex scenes are repeatable and each girl has several. They're "good" but idk if I'd fap to them really, vs better games out there.
    - The monster girls. They're all bursting with personality and character (if only it wasn't tainted by poor translation...). Each one has a unique date scene per town, so there's lots of slice of life and room for them to grow as characters. There's also some amusing chemistry between the girls themselves as they bicker, compete and try to get along. This PRO is the main reason I completed the game through.
    - The protag... well idk if I liked the guy, but, he at least has a strong character and personality vs generic bland anime heroes. His writing may seem a bit rough around the edges in the early game but he finds his groove eventually.

CONS
    - It's short? Maybe not a con really... just that I felt that right as I was beginning to become attached to the characters, the game was over. I beat it in 8 hours [but I think I left my game running at some point?], I think you could do it in about 6. About 1 hour per monster girl.
    - The sex scenes are boringly consistent between all the girls. Same ol' same ol'... This occurred to me when he actually went a 2nd round once in one rare exception. Also the way the cum is drawn is pretty bad, speaking as a cum lover.
    - Bad translation, mentioned earlier. May be bad, but it's not bad enough where I was clueless. I could put the pieces together.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Toweke

I thought this game was quite good overall.
    Pro's:
    • It's a good length, not too long or short.
    • The game elements are quite good compared to most RPGM style games. Itemization was decent, there's a bit of crafting, and the battle sequences look and feel better than your standard. Also, no pokemon-style walk & surprise fights that plagues other games like this. That said, it was a bit easy.
    • Girls are pretty cute and have different personalities.
    • There's at least a few scenes with each girl, one when you beat her, another when doing it outside, or in the inn. Could have been more of this.
    Con's:
    • The NTR elements are only available once a girl reaches 100 favor, which takes a while. However, I didn't really enjoy the NTR (strictly netorase) content. The art was good but it's just a thematic clash with the rest of the game to me. The MC is very dominant throughout & doesn't come across as a cuck at all. And all the NTR scenes emphasize that the new guy has a better dick than MC, even though the whole game is about how MC is so good in bed & can corrupt any demon girl, even the demon lord. It's nonsensical. They should have dropped the NTR altogether & put more effort into vanilla scenes with the girls in inn / dates / etc.
    • Game is very straight linear main quest -> ending. You get to keep playing after the end, but the NTR stuff is the only reason to do so. Could have used some side quests or other demon girls you sleep with once.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Ginyu69

Amazing game it plays like classic rpg and is actually fun to play has like no grinding and is very straight forward with a story that is pretty fun to follow and the h scenes are well drawn and easy to unlock the different characters work well off each other and gameplay is smooth and easy to do definitely give this a download and share with friends and support the creator if your able to
  6. 3.00 star(s)

sonhot

Lol the male protagonist has multi personality disorder, acting like a awkward grumpy kid most of the times but switched to bandit rapist Rance mode in h-scenes. Also most of those random average joes in netorase scenes have bigger cock than him and they satisfied the demon girls without borrowing fairy power unlike the mc, utterly pathetic :ROFLMAO:.

The art is easy on the eyes, a shame there's no ahegao.

The generic monsters befriending system is nice and a rare sight but there's not many reason to use them when you could use main heroines.

The translation is pretty mediocre but still understandable.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

descil

The art is fine, the story is alright, I can tell this wasn't a rush-job. The ntr is somewhat limited. After getting the second-last babe (the one in the tower) I lost interest because I could see fairly well how it would end and there wasn't really any more ntr.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Diangelius

- Simple story, quite light-hearted, no plot twist.
    - Gameplay is ok and very easy, no complex function or brainstorm needed.
    - CG is ok, only some fapping sound, no motion. The number of H-scenes is still too few for me.
    - Translation is completely understandable. Although it seems to be done by some advanced Machine Translator accompanied by some human edits, so there were some grammatical errors here and there but it's not too problematic.
    - NTR element (Netorase to be precise) is a f***ing disappointment. It's just there for extra CGs, no affect or corruption to the heroines whatsoever, what's the point of it being avoidable LMAO?! You still even obtain True Love even if you choose to lend them to other cocks or not. It does not affect the ending either, hell the story seems to be kinetic. My disappointment is immeasurable, if the NTR does not change anything then please don't add it from the beginning. This only makes NTR into a joke! :(
    - The Engagement ring is a troll. What the f*** I thought it's used to marry 1 or all 6 girls, turns out it's just to boost Fondness. Why called it "Engagement" when there's no marriage function ??!?!?! F***********!!!

If i gotta be neutral, 4/5 for the game. But 3/5 only because of NTR disappointment and the goddamn troll.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Firstly i will talk about what make this game is different than any other rpgm game i play so far. The one thing that catch my eyes is the system to make and befriend with other monster in the field that u usually see as enemy. A system that well known in Shin Megami Tensei / Persona series where u can make those monster as ur fighting ally, ask them for stuff and money during ur encounter with them in the field. And since every monster is different and unique, they also have different skill and not to mention able to equip an equipment that include different skill make it more fun to mess around and build an ally that you personally like.

For writing part, the story is overall decent and the translation is also decent and understandable. With bit more polish and edit, the translation will be great but not major concern overall.

H-scene is also overall decent but not enough to make u jizz over it. The one thing that make me interest is the fact they include Netori in it ( avoidable ) where u lend ur girl with high enough affection to other male chara.

Overall, including the cg and art, this game is a decent H-RPG to waste your time and mess around with. For that reason why i give it a 4 star.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

AnotherLurker

Hero of the Demon is quite decent, but not spectacular.

The story is simple, straightforward, and doesn't try to be anything it isn't, but it also doesn't blow by in an unmemorable haze. The combat scales surprisingly well after the early stages of enemies that are about as dangerous as a stepped-on rake, with enemies being easy when you know their weakness or abuse your party's skills, and pleasantly challenging when you're underleveled or trying to figure them out. The girls are fun, embrace the fact that they're harem-fodder, and make for pretty decent artwork. The H-scenes aren't anything revolutionary, but they are pleasant--and I love the fact that you can repeat them at will without breaking immersion too much. For the completionists, there are non-H enemies that can be recruited, equipment and skills to be earned through grinding, and a handful of side-quests. There's even an optional collection of Netorase scenes , locked behind a lot of grind, and if you'd rather not manually unlock them you can just beat the main story and unlock every CG.

In my opinion this is a simple, straightforward RPG Maker game that accomplishes what it set out to do. The translation is good, the art is decent, the combat is simple, and the story is direct, with a few cute trope subversions here and there. If the real test of any choice is in whether you'd make it again...then, yes, I'd download and play this again if I had a few hours to kill on a slow weekend.

About my only complaint is that the art could be better and I'd like some post-game scenes with a few characters, but like I've stated repeatedly now--Hero of the Demon doesn't stand out, but neither does it have any major flaws.