Hey! I'm a new game developer just trying to ask some questions.

Are you interested in playing this game?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SinCorazon

Jun 15, 2019
Intro
I'm a brand new game developer just seeking to make a game for my enjoyment and hopefully many more. I've had a lot of free time lately and have recently decided to take up my own project. I've been looking for a game similar to my idea for quite some time but i have yet to see anything like it releases, that or i'm not looking hard enough. :(

The Game
I have quite a few ideas sitting on the shelf and i've been fiddling with them for quite some time now and truthfully I'm mostly just here to see if people are even interested in seeing this game become reality. The main idea i have right now is mainly geared towards having an overpowered protagonist (my own personal favorite). Keeping that in mind, its difficult to make a character all-powerful while still keeping an interesting plot and providing conflict that seems actually worth caring about. I don't want to make our protagonist op yet have a plot that is just plain boring with no real feeling or meaning behind anything that happens. So.... I've come up with this.
Our protagonist starts the game in a weakened state with little to no memory of their past self attempting to return to their full power while combating the several powerhouses in control of the world as we know it and forming relationships along the way. You are the true monarch of the world and its essentially you taking back your throne. Another very large part of the game is building your own city of sorts, finding residents forming your own defense, government, and even establishing your own personal guard.

The Downsides
I have very little experience with games and I've been teaching myself everything along the way. Because of that I thought it best to start with a twine game. I figured it would be less daunting a task for someone with so little experience, while still allowing me to at least reach my goal. I'm also sort of a perfectionist and I've been taking the time to make my own gifs so that i have visual content that actually follows along with the story and doesn't seem just tossed in for the sake of having visuals.

Truthfully I intend to make this a good game either way but if people actually want it I am going to try to deliver content for all and making this game as great as can be.

Also this is just a small intro... I have a much more in depth plot with quite a few ideas, everything above is only a small portion of the full plot, and i have even started working on the game already. I just want to know if people want to join me on this journey.

Last edited:

Mr. Lemonade

Jun 5, 2020
Hey, I'm new here too! Haven't even created my intro post. We can welcome each other to the forums!

Your game sounds ambitious for twine but hey if you can pull it off more power to you.

SinCorazon

Jun 15, 2019
Hey, I'm new here too! Haven't even created my intro post. We can welcome each other to the forums!

Your game sounds ambitious for twine but hey if you can pull it off more power to you.
It definitely is, and i've already encountered many different obstacles along the way, though i have solved most of them. I'm going to attempt to make it as close to what i want as possible but im willing to accept the things i can do nothing about. And if it comes to me making a renpy or unity version of the game i can make it as it was originally envisioned. Are you a developer?

Kelumir

Jun 5, 2020
Hey there.

I don't really have any idea how one would go about making any sort of game like this, which just makes me appreciate those who can even more.
That said, I think the general idea for your game sounds interesting and I'm curious to see what becomes of it.

Also, I'd just like to say that, given the circumstances of the world, I think we've all had a lot of free time lately. :ROFLMAO:

SinCorazon

Jun 15, 2019
Hey there.

I don't really have any idea how one would go about making any sort of game like this, which just makes me appreciate those who can even more.
That said, I think the general idea for your game sounds interesting and I'm curious to see what becomes of it.

Also, I'd just like to say that, given the circumstances of the world, I think we've all had a lot of free time lately. :ROFLMAO:
Lol, yeah. I'm just doing my best though. I'm also trying to think of a way to have easier communication with people who also want to be apart of the game. Just to ask for their opinions on things and see what ideas they bring to the table.

Reactions: Cul

Mr. Lemonade

Jun 5, 2020
It definitely is, and i've already encountered many different obstacles along the way, though i have solved most of them. I'm going to attempt to make it as close to what i want as possible but im willing to accept the things i can do nothing about. And if it comes to me making a renpy or unity version of the game i can make it as it was originally envisioned. Are you a developer?
Yes. I work in unreal.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Management games can be fun... especially if H is around the corner as a reward lol

Mr. Lemonade

Jun 5, 2020
Oh nice. I'd love to play your games, if you have them released.
I used to work in the industry but right now I'm working on something that I'm not quite ready to talk about yet. If you feel you might be interested in Unreal in the future hit me up if you have any questions.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Sounds interesting...fantasy kingdom or post apocalyptic?
If you're doing something like this, take it easy with mechanics at first. Start small and slowly introduce player to mechanics. Lot of games ( of this type) make a mistake of throwing everything at player right off the bat, and most end up just dropping the game entirely.

Raztheroth

Jul 23, 2019
I'm working on a game too. So I understand the anxiety of release the game. I have to said that I like the main idea, maybe a main character with lost memories could be repetitive (Well, is your own decision) Could be a MC that promised to someone not to use his whole power or something like that.

Raztheroth

Jul 23, 2019
If you're doing something like this, take it easy with mechanics at first. Start small and slowly introduce player to mechanics. Lot of games ( of this type) make a mistake of throwing everything at player right off the bat, and most end up just dropping the game entirely.
Great advice, I'll keep that in mind too

SinCorazon

Jun 15, 2019
Fantasy kingdom, and definitely. Thanks for the advice.

SinCorazon

Jun 15, 2019
I'm working on a game too. So I understand the anxiety of release the game. I have to said that I like the main idea, maybe a main character with lost memories could be repetitive (Well, is your own decision) Could be a MC that promised to someone not to use his whole power or something like that.
Well actually their memories arent lost per se. In the past they sealed away their powers for reasons and its more like they are relearning but i see what you're getting at. Im definitely trying to be original lol.

Reactions: Raztheroth