Hey

Nov 15, 2017
Hey, hello from France ;-)

I've been using this site for quite some time now (november 2017 as told by my account) and really enjoy it, thanks to all people working on it!

I'm a developper (mostly focused on C# and more recently on Python). I play video games since my early childhood (so I have about 20-25 years of gaming now). My most preferred genres are RPG, A-RPG, Metroidvania, Souls-like and Rogue-like. I'm fan of Kingdom Hearts and also Soulsborne games.

See you on the forums, and maybe one day on the creative side (if I can get myself into drawing once and for all, I would love to do hentai and/or create a H-game one day) :).

And also Happy New Year ^^

Reactions: Fantabaldu

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not saying technical people can't be creative, I've seen it happen a few times, but have you ever thought about finding an artist?
technical-vs-creative.png

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
It's perfectly possible to be technical and creative. I do all the artwork, story, and programming for my game. I got the tech side down (graduated with a CS degree) so I'm focusing on the artwork side of things for making my game now.

I'm not the best yet, but I think my artwork is passable at least, and I'm learning a lot making them.

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not saying technical people can't be creative, I've seen it happen a few times, but have you ever thought about finding an artist?
Yes, but I'm the type of guy that like to make everything by himself, and work solo when it is possible. If I have something in mind in terms of graphics, I would rather do it myself to do exactly what I want. I think I would prefer finding an other developper, let him/her to do the dev part, and I focus on art, but not the opposite. But even here, as I have some dev skills I will do the dev part.

The "work alone thing" is also because I don't think I will ever do a super big project. Even if I had drawing skills I don't think I could create the next big indie game (H-game or not). For a small personal project I prefer working alone, with my own pace, without deadlines.

The only thing I am almost sure to hire someone else is for the music and sound design. I could handle very basic stuff at the beginning but if the project grow too much I would definitely find someone and let him/her do the job.