Hi, everyone, I'm a TABOO erotica author who would love to write the story for a visual novel

craanbery

Feb 15, 2018
How do I make this happen?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask

My stories --

Here's how they do on Literotica

Reactions: jAsske

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I'm not developing anything, but I just wanted to point out:

The Smashwords.com site only allows people to view your writing if it is purchased by the user...

The Literotica.com link you provided, requires a membership login...

Zip

craanbery

Feb 15, 2018
I'm not developing anything, but I just wanted to point out:

The Smashwords.com site only allows people to view your writing if it is purchased by the user...

The Literotica.com link you provided, requires a membership login...

Zip
Sorry, Literotica link should be working now

DownTownDish

Jun 12, 2017
This is a great place for that kind of help. I'll go over a few basic pointers to get you started. I will also include links at the bottom for all the free programs.

For one you will need a engine to make your game and tell your story. The most popular; is Ren'Py.
There are other engines such as Twine, but I think Ren'Py would suit you best. You do not need to learn any code in Ren'Py. Ren'Py dose use a simple script for basic things, you can also use Python with it. Do not let code scare you, code is not hard to learn. Ren'Py is 2D because it uses pictures, it also supports animation in the form of OGG Theora, VP9, VP8, MPEG 4, MPEG 2, MPEG 1 files.

Then you will need visuals, there are many ways to go about this from 3D to hand-drawn art. From the 2D side or hand-drawn, you could use things such as Photoshop, Gimp or Krita. From 3D you could use Blender - In this; you will have to make everything from scratch, nothing is made for you. Daz3D - This is best and is what a lot of people use, has premade characters, clothes, hair, etc, but you will notice that if you want something new you have to make it your self or buy it off the market. Thankfully f95Zone is here and has a Asset Releases section with all the pirated good stuff. Then you also have Honey Select; It's already a game but it has a studio version that is kind of like Daz3D, but is uses it's own characters that you can customize.

Most VNs will use: Ren'Py and Daz3D (there are quite a bit that use Honey Select too.)

If this post did not help at all there is a guide on this site that gives you all the links you could ever ask for. Link

Game Engines

3D Art

Honey Select

2D Art

Reactions: jAsske

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
This is a great place for that kind of help. I'll go over a few basic pointers to get you started. I will also include links at the bottom for all the free programs.
...i think he's offering himself as a storyteller, not asking help to develop his own game/VN (infact, if i don't go wrong, in another thread he was looking for some developer in order to make a collaboration between each other)...

Reactions: DownTownDish

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
It's great to see someone post like this and link previous work, i think lots of people will be open to this sort of thing on here, in my experience a good writer is hard to come by and someone willing to work developing others ideas either in cooperation or even simply as a script writer for someone else's ideas will get you a long way, good luck and happy writing!

Reactions: DownTownDish

craanbery

Feb 15, 2018

For one you will need a engine to make your game and tell your story. The most popular; is Ren'Py.
There are other engines such as Twine, but I think Ren'Py would suit you best. You do not need to learn any code in Ren'Py. Ren'Py dose use a simple script for basic things, you can also use Python with it. Do not let code scare you, code is not hard to learn. Ren'Py is 2D because it uses pictures, it also supports animation in the form of OGG Theora, VP9, VP8, MPEG 4, MPEG 2, MPEG 1 files.

Then you will need visuals, there are many ways to go about this from 3D to hand-drawn art. From the 2D side or hand-drawn, you could use things such as Photoshop, Gimp or Krita. From 3D you could use Blender - In this; you will have to make everything from scratch, nothing is made for you. Daz3D - This is best and is what a lot of people use, has premade characters, clothes, hair, etc, but you will notice that if you want something new you have to make it your self or buy it off the market. Thankfully f95Zone is here and has a Asset Releases section with all the pirated good stuff. Then you also have Honey Select; It's already a game but it has a studio version that is kind of like Daz3D, but is uses it's own characters that you can customize.

Most VNs will use: Ren'Py and Daz3D (there are quite a bit that use Honey Select too.)

If this post did not help at all there is a guide on this site that gives you all the links you could ever ask for. Link

Game Engines

3D Art

Honey Select

2D Art

Thanks for all the info, but I'm just looking to write

craanbery

Feb 15, 2018
It's great to see someone post like this and link previous work, i think lots of people will be open to this sort of thing on here, in my experience a good writer is hard to come by and someone willing to work developing others ideas either in cooperation or even simply as a script writer for someone else's ideas will get you a long way, good luck and happy writing!
Thanks a lot, I've already got some offers!

craanbery

Feb 15, 2018
...i think he's offering himself as a storyteller, not asking help to develop his own game/VN (infact, if i don't go wrong, in another thread he was looking for some developer in order to make a collaboration between each other)...
You're right!