VN Ren'Py Hi, new dev here, planning a release this weekend!

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Hi!
By the looks of it, we're talking about a real-time 3d game. Also, I like the model's graphic style. There is not much else to say, I'll keep the hype on low till more we'll have more info about the game.
Best of luck (y)

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Hi!
By the looks of it, we're talking about a real-time 3d game. Also, I like the model's graphic style. There is not much else to say, I'll keep the hype on low till more we'll have more info about the game.
Best of luck (y)
Thanks!

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Hi!
Best of luck (y)
As you're the first one to replay to my first post on this forum, I will share with you more info. The story revolves around this dude who wakes up on this deserted planet. He lost his memory and meets this mysterious lady who has some hidden motivations, as well as some powers. He will get some powers along the journey as well. It's mostly a visual novel with some combat 'interactions' (not to difficult, but mainly for the immersion factor). scene2_27.jpg

Last edited:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
You can't trust her. She has red eyes! She's probably left there on the deserted, desert planet of Azzer 'cause her intergalactic jailers could not stop or destroy the evil that is or within this mysterious woman.

So why didn't they just shoot her into a star somewhere or drop her off on some inhospitable world like Venus or something? Well, because of the economy of course (and for shits and giggles), but mostly because of the cash. Her captors (and by extension their society) realizes that by dropping her off on Azzer, a fairly hospital world if a bit barren, where critters, vegetation, and favorable atmosphere can support such life, they could televise the whole thing like some kind of of reality show, à la The Truman Show.

This creates jobs. And most folks in the galaxy are up for that. It helps stimulate economic growth, lowers unemployment, and reduces crime. After all, legitimate sources of income for the masses brings stability, reduces expenditures, and promotes or encourages a healthier lifestyle and positive morale. Governments all across the 'Verse likes that as it enriches them and the societies they represent.

In the case here, you have all sorts of people manning the orbital and planetary cameras that follows the life of this woman. There are editing crews that cut and edits the reams of footage to digestible episodes, the sound effects guys that makes things more lively, the security personal that protects the talent and other assets, the transportation folks that bring in new personal, materials, and personnel, sanitary engineers to keep things hygienic, et cetra, et cetra.

Why, a whole mini-economy can be built around just this woman and brings with it hundreds and hundreds of jobs! And if things get a little slow, then the powers that be can always liven up things by dropping off other mind-wiped individuals onto Azzer and see what happens! Audiences can even vote on what kind of staged challenges or obstacles the red-eyed woman faces (i.e., some fierce beast or an environmental disaster), or even what kind of prisoner should accompany her. Will they get along? Will it be an adversarial episode or a heartbreak tearjerker? Audiences love unexpected interactions like that! Makes them feel invested and part of the grand show.

But eh, what do I know? I could just be pulling things out of the air. Ask Helmeted Smith what Vanqwar is all about.