Hi People ! Some help and suggestions ?

ReneeBellamy

Jun 8, 2021
Hi People !

I have been playing some visual novels for quite some time and thought to create one. :love:

I have a script in mind. I also followed some tutorials on the Daz3D platform for the visuals and RenPy engine for running the VN. o_O

I wanted to know some tips and tricks to create an excellent visual novel and publish it. :coffee:

Any help is much appreciated! :giggle:

AnchovyFuta

Jun 25, 2021
There is a youtuber called IT Roy that is making a series of videos showing how you can create your own visual novel, he seems to be creating a visual novel called To Be a King, there are some pretty good renders in the game and his tutorials are fantastic, so check him out, I could post a link to his playlist but I only registered now so I can send it but if you search on youtube It Roy Daz 3D you can probably find him.

Also, there are a lot more secrets about making good renders and creating a good visual novels that most creators don't share so I think you need to ask creators yourself and pray for them to share their secret or you can figure that out yourself, as most of them don't really want to share for obvious reasons. I could share what I know to you but... I also only just began on making renders and everything so yeah xD

Anyways, good luck with your future game!

BurningSage

Oct 10, 2020
1. Have a reasonably powerful computer (for rendering) the GPU is the most important for IRAY, which is the engine DAZ uses (must also be an NVIDIA card). Any card with less than 8gb and you will definitely struggle and hit a lot of walls. Even 8gb really isn't enough unless you optimize your scenes. The textures for assets in DAZ can get insanely demanding and require a lot of VRAM.

2. A good story. This is definitely the most important, a VN can have the nicest renders but if the story sucks and isn't engaging, no one is going to care about it.

3. Lighting. This is what most developers struggle with the most, especially at first. But as AnchovyFuta already suggested, IT Roy has a bunch of really great and helpful videos on not just lighting, but pretty much everything that goes in to making a solid VN. I would recommend him over pretty much every other DAZ tutorial channel on Youtube honestly. He's pretty much the only one who is actually actively developing a VN and shows you how he builds and lights a lot of his scenes as well as a lot of other useful tips. I wish his channel was around when I first started using DAZ. Good lighting is pretty much what makes/breaks a good render.

4. Prepare for a lot of headaches, have fun :)

• Love
Reactions: ReneeBellamy