VN Unity Hidden Kinks: Althea's Texts [Netorase, Corruption, texting sim] Engine and game

Aug 25, 2017
Screenshot_20240915_013022.png Screenshot_20240915_013056.png Screenshot_20240915_013148.png Screenshot_20240915_013216.png Screenshot_20240915_013237.png Screenshot_20240915_013254.png Screenshot_20240915_013329.png Screenshot_20240915_013356.png

Hello everyone, today is the official launch day of the first version of the game Hidden Kinks: Althea's Texts. All code and objects within it are fully custom-designed for this engine, the engine will be available later for others to explore and use in order to make their own games.

This is a Netorase-style hentai VN/Role-playing game with somewhat branching paths focused on the MC's relationship with his GF Althea and her friends and future encounters. Other kinks will be present though at this moment I haven't fully decided on which ones. Althea finds out about the MC's kink by accident when assisting him with recovering his phone and after some deliberation slowly seeks to fulfil her boyfriend's fantasy while finding her own fulfilment in the process. EVERYTHING will be completely consensual. This is an important note. As of right now, there isn't and most likely never will be Netorare or cheating in their relationship. The MC will also get his moment in the spotlight as he gets more comfortable with her friends, and potentially other contacts made along the way.

Right now there are only 2 chapters in this version though the second chapter was over 7000k lines of data. So it's short on fast text mode but should take 1-2 hours on the intended slow mode.

The game is available for all 3 main platforms, Linux (I always wish people would release a Linux copy so I don't have to use Proton) Windows, and Mac (Please let me know if there are any issues on Mac I have no way of testing it). Enjoy!

If you are interested in the game or engine and would like further updates please consider following me on for free as I continue development of both.

The download links for the game are on Patreon and publically available even for nonfollowers.

Chapter show off.png messages-showcase.png

A bit about the technical details for those more interested in the engine than the game:

• A fully functional save and load system with full game state persistence.
  • Intelligent design with notifications for new events, modal windows for confirmation and save file naming, and indicators on contacts and apps when new posts or messages have been received.
  • Event handling for stats and changes to the tendency of the game (more to come as I figure out what stats to include)
  • Completely customisable apps in every way visually.
  • JSONMapper is designed for story building with automatic detection of all pictures, contacts and emojis as you build out your story so you don't have to remember the names of photos or emojis as you write your story.
  • Text speed, content, type, instaposts unlocking, or accounts, are all fully customisable and can be used to great effect in setting the mood and creating a believable response time from the people engaging in conversation with the player.
  • An Automated script runs when launching the game in the editor which updates the DB the game uses for chapters, photos, emojis, etc.

In short, this engine includes every feature I've wished other games in the genre had and since it's all built with no outside assets or paid extensions you're free to completely build out your game without having to invest an extra penny into the process.

When designing the engine and story builder I was targeting the people out there who might have amazing story ideas with no technical know how of how to do it. This will lower the barrier of entry for this genre so that anyone with a good story idea can build out their own and put it out there knowing there are (as of right now,) no bugs and all actions are accounted for. (if you find any bugs please report them and I'll fix them quickly.