Daz Hidden morphs change characters in Daz!?

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Hello,

First I though this only applied for the lips:
"I have the problem that something causes problems with the lips of my characters. It is like there is a morph applied that isn't shown anywhere.
Even when I just load in the standard Genesis 8 model it looks like the lips are bigger and fuller like they should be. I compared them with the standard Genesis 8 models from someone else. "

But looking at the base Genesis 8 Model in my version in the normale one, then you see that not only the lips are fuller, but also the eyes have a slighty different form, as well as the face and nose.

Could some character cause this? I believe there was a male one that caused this for males.

Does anyone have an idea how I could find out what causes this problem? (Hopefully without uninstalling everything I have) The stuff in the DIM wouldn't be a problem, but all the stuff I installed manually definitly is one.

Would be amazing, if someone has any solution, that doesn't make me unhappy :D

Left is my version and right should be the one that shows how Genesis 8 female should normally look.
1579636802944.png 1579636829740.png

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Probably some hidden parameter caused by one of the installed assets is being applied.

In my game I started using Genesis 3 characters and for various reasons I then used Genesis 8; when I tried out various expressions I noticed that many of them were horrible in the characters, not all of them, but most of them... I thought that was not possible, and after seeing that, apart from my characters, it was also happening with the base model, I knew that something was wrong with it.
I applied to the base model one of those expressions that looked bad, I right-clicked on tab parameters to see the hidden morphs, and then I started to change the values of each of the modified ones to 0 to check their effect... until I found the causes of the problem :devilish::eek:

I discovered that two characters installed in Daz were causing the problem with expressions; one of the characters I deleted completely, with the other I only deleted the files that were causing the problem, et voilà, problem solved :D

For what it's worth, these are the characters and morphs that caused the problem:

Morgada (from Daz Store), morphs:
- eJCMMorganaSmileOpen
- eJCMMorganaSmile
- eJCMNamMouthSmileOpen

Yiyi, morphs:
- MCMYIYIMouthSmileOpen
- MCMYIYIMouthSmileSimpleL
- MCMYIYIMouthSmileSimpleR

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Thanks, I will have a look, if I have these chara ters installed.
I wish it was at least possible to uninstall the whole asset through Daz.
Also I read that uninstalling actually doesn't always help...

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Check what morphs are currently in use from the Parameters tab of the figure. Then cleanup/uninstall everything that gets dialed without your input.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Check what morphs are currently in use from the Parameters tab of the figure. Then cleanup/uninstall everything that gets dialed without your input.
The problem is that some morphs don't show up there. Sometimes you're lucky to find them in the "Hidden" tab, but some don't even show up there.
When something similar happened to me some time ago, I didn't find any active morph and only was able to solve this by deleting a folder deeeep inside the depths of Daz's morph folders, that somehow had my "creator" name applied, but I never saved any morphs at that time (It happened to me twice, the last time all my characters suddenly looked like childs), so... who knows what Daz did there.
For other people who don't have a creator name, there might be a folder called "Product". If this is the case, make a backup of this folder, then delete it and look if things change.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah as recreation said. There aren't any morphs dialed, not even hidden ones.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah as recreation said. There aren't any morphs dialed, not even hidden ones.
Not sure it helps, but the best way to manage morph I found is Daz3d manager tool made by NSware as you can enable/disable morphs quite easily. It moves disabled morph in a temp directory and put them back if you re-enable them. It also come with a search function if you have some suspicion in mind.

SZTXRoV7f5.png

Reactions: recreation
Aug 30, 2019
You need to zero the figure then look at current morphs. It should show you a bunch of morphs at 0%. Click the cogwheel and set their defaults to 0% and then go to File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets.

Do tell us what morph it was since it might be the exact same one that was affecting mine.