VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Hidden Truth [v0.22] [HTG@mes]

1. 3.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

This game is pretty good but it has some major issues that detracted from my enjoyment.

First off, the story is actually pretty interesting. It's not entirely unique but it's entertaining and keeps me wanting to continue. Second, the girls are pretty hot. Their personalities are kind of weak but they are decent nonetheless. Last, the animations and scenes are pretty good. I think they all are pretty short though and could be improved quite a bit. So based on all this, I enjoyed the game pretty well but there were quite a few issues along the way.

Firstly, the pacing is really quick. Like the MC does one event or two events every day. Like he wakes up and talks to his sister and goes back to his room and says that it was a tiring day and goes to sleep. Like I understand not every day can be packed with content but seriously what? So I think the game could benefit by having some more events every day. It seemed for the most part this was rectified towards the later portions of the game though.

The most major fail was the bugs and repeated events. There are a lot of conversations that word for word happen multiple times. If that's not laziness, I don't know what is. I understand it takes an immense amount of time to produce a game, the scenes, the writing, but repeating the same events for no reason is only making the game look worse than it is. There were also bugs that made me get stuck in a loop. Like at the school I could check the gym and the library and the courtyard or something. If I checked all of them the same options would reappear and force me in an endless loop. I would have to reload a save to fix it. Picking some dialogues also wouldn't continue the game,. It would repeat the scene until I chose the other dialogue. Lastly, there were quite a few errors that came up forcing me to ignore and continue forward missing the renders.

So the game is quite messy but I really enjoyed the story actually. I would say the good outweighs the bad and recommend this game but if more time was spent polishing this game it would be 4 or 5 stars easy. For now I'll rate it a 2.5.