VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

1. 1.00 star(s)

johntroyes

how is this game rated higher than a 1 star. it takes 2 minutes to play and is glitched. abandoned for a reason, its awful. if you like a game with only one choice, well if you can even consider it a choice considering if you pick the wrong answer the games boots you out to the title screen.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Its not so big

i played this game after years and i have to say wow.
    it came out 5 years ago and still looks impressive when you ignore the noise. the best demo i've played so far and i played many games.
    sadly it stayed as demo. it had great potential to be one of the biggest game in this forum:cry:
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Stan2020

So this feels like a demo more than anything.

And what a demo it is, ladies and gents!

Have you ever played the game , Life is Strange?
    Well..
    This feels exactly like it .
    Has that whole "high school coming of age" feel , but in visual novel format.

Stunning visuals, high quality character models, and just damn fanatistic writing and characterization .

It is immensely saddening to know that it was abandoned and this current exceptional "demo" is all we will ever get.

Because I have no doubt in my mind that this would have been one of the greatest adult games/visual novels ever made if it had seen completion (right up there with Acting Lessons.)

Highest 5/5 I can give (really made a great impression!)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

jarjarspam95

Wow, this was shaping up to be something amazing. I must have downloaded and played 200+ games on this site, and this is the only one I have yet cared to comment on.

• The attention to detail in this game is so good. The writing on Elanor's clothes, the pictures on the wall, the lighting in every scene, every character's eyes - when you think of how much time the dev must have put into creating just a single scene, it feels staggering.
    • The composition elevates the whole experience too, truly amazing music. Really adds to the thoughtful, nostalgic, almost-melancholic vibes.
    • The dialogue, both internal dialogue and dialogue between characters, is spot-on. It feels realistic and age/context-appropriate.
    • Elanor is the most beautiful main character I've ever seen.

Overall I really get 'Life is Strange' vibes from this game. I would play a coming of age game from this dev even if it didn't have anything lewd. I wonder, sometimes, if the game is lesser for the lewd content because the rest of the content is able to elicit an emotional response that just doesn't vibe with horniness.

Overall 5/5.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1157790

The only thing to hate about this game is that it is abandoned - the renders are beautiful, the story is well executed, and the writing is phenomenal. Given that it was abandoned so early into development, there isn't a lot of content (only a few scenes). Even so, it is still worth a play through for those who are story inclined.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Ive-11

i wasnt sure if i can give 5, uhh first i was hoping too high cause of the preview pict thought it will be good render with good quality but fact is im using 1440 resolution and the game its just take like 720p? or maybe even worst its on 480p then
    another fact is the story is pretty good with the (prologue?) make im deep in to the story was hoping will get more relationship, but too bad dev says got abandoned, n even more actualy i want give 3 but meh why dont give more if the story its pretty good
    sorry guys to break the 5*
  7. 5.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Too bad it was abandoned. This game had so much potential. It is very short obviously, but it was really high quality. All the renders are fantastic, female protagonist which is really rare, and what little we saw of them displayed well made characters.

I would have loved to play more. Would recommend trying it but it kind of just stops when the story starts getting exciting.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

FAP369ZONE

[VN] [Ren'Py] [Abandoned] High Life [Episode 1] [Erosion]

Since this EGame looks dead for over a year now, i will give my review, such a shame tho :(

This could have been one of the Top 10 EGames on this site maybe even Top 5, story wise the potential was unpredictable since it ended abruptly but i bet it could have been great and not to mention that this EGame has one of this most beautiful and interesting characters. Also the visuals and the whole atmosphere was exquisite and even tho there is not much erotic content, the one that is has is done splendidly! The only thing now is to hope for someone to resurrect this gem as a whole or at least use some of these characters in a new EGame...

- Story 4/5
    - Gameplay & Choices 4/5
    - Characters 4.5/5
    - Visuals & Art 4.5/5
    - Sex & Erotic scenes 4/5

Overall rating 4.2/5 [5 star, Excellent EGame]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ProximaLewds

A beautifully crafted game with literally some of the most beautiful female models I have seen. Compared to nearly all of the other RenPy games on the site using Daz3D or similar models, the girls in "High Life" look as if the creator took a considerable amount of time making sure they all looked fairly different and not just the same teenage/college-aged girl model but with different hair and clothes. The beauty in the game goes beyond just the character models but into the scenes as well. The right lighting and props can make or break the mood but the creator did an excellent job. But thankfully, its just not visuals that help this game out.

The writing is far better than most other game featured on the site and the girls actually seem like characters instead of your standard issue "slutty college girl and her slutty friends." I can only hope that this level of writing continues through out this story. Especially if the tone gets darker as the main character is set up to be a bit reckless.

Although there isn't another episode (at the time I write this, there is only one), the creator's pateron page shows them developing more content which is great news for those who are fans of the game. And since there wasn't much sexual content in this episode, this can only be great to hear.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

omg05

I loved this game. Even though it had almost zero erotic content I enjoied evey moment.

One of the best aspects I found in here was how pretty Eleanor is, and that´s something I don´t say often. But the music above of all is what sets this game above all the others I´ve known so far, it was basically perfect in any moment, that composer composer has my respect...
  11. 5.00 star(s)

john.john3318

Really like the visuals and the story so far. Not much dirty content yet just the story. Looking forward to future updates the game has very much potential and really hope it does not get abandon. Think this will be one of my favorite games in the making
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1023239

"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

I really enjoyed the overarching plot and twists in this game, as it encompasses all the classic elements of a good story. Although the standalone routes weren’t by any means remarkable, they were great at building suspense and a sense of urgency to figure out the pieces of the puzzle in order to solve the mystery. The universe of this games grows increasingly more complex and interesting the further you delve into the storyline. This demonstrates solid world-building and good storyline pacing by the writers.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

paulmall

Dudem this game have everything that i like. The soundtrack is realy thoughfull and combines perfectly with the moments. The render is so beautifull and they managed to make me relate to a female caracter so well. I liked it so much. It is a work of art, the developers deserve every single praise.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Agam97

I have never seen an adult game with female main character this promising and engaging in the first episode, might even consider donating in the patreon page :) thank you and hope that the second episode get finished soon :)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Haise01

What an amazing start, I don't usually play games with female protagonist, but after 5 minutes I was completely immersed.
    It has just the right amount of choices, good characters, some are more interesting than others, but we haven't seen enough yet, it's just the 1 episode lol.
    Some scenes are just soo beautiful,the lighting, the songs, that club scene.... I was surprised with how good it was.
    The character design is great, especially the MC, she's gorgeous.
    And the other thing I'm always paying attention is the soundtrack, it's great, fits perfectly the scenes.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

SyddSparty

Review as of Ep.1

What makes a project successful? Its very often that there are so many factors that work extremely well and pull you in, humans by nature tend to see something stand out this is why its easier to criticize.

This project, thus far is leaning on the former. I don't know who this dev is but I've already put him up there on my list with the likes of Veqvil.

So what does this game offer so far?

Well lets start with the music. *takes a deep breath* Seriously guys, headphones on, its so well done it goes really well with the content, its magnificent, the lighting is really good, its one of the hardest things to nail in rendering, so this is huge! Renders are very very polished, characters and diverse and unique and quite unusual for a game of this genre where I feel a sense of attachment to the characters, so kudos on that, the story is really well done so far.

Don't be pulling your pants down just yet tho' there's not much content in that aspect as of yet.....

Dev, if you're reading this, just continue what you're doing, I wish you all the best and know you're on the right track. I eagerly await the next episode release.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Shared13

excellent start on this game. Characters all look distinctive, enough choices to keep it interesting, music queues have good pacing, lighting and environments are clean and beautiful, the story and dialog has good pacing and flow. Overall I have enjoyed the demo can't wait for more.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

jimbouk

Game promotes the awesomeness that is Fleetwood Mac. Can't not give a 5 star rating for that. Obviously it's a great written story with lush models, but let's face it, nothing compares to Stevie Nicks voice and those damn smooth guitar riffs on Rumours.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

juneba

Absolutely GORGEOUS game.

Not much in the ways of scenes so most of what is available at the time of this review is just dialogue but the game is so beautiful that I'm still rating it high regardless.

Really looking forward to future updates, massive potential.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

frozted

First off.. The renders are absolutely beautiful. Top quality work. The MC is gorgeous, one of the best looking characters that I have seen. The storyline has been full of great writing so far, and for the first episode, I felt like it was done very well. I am excited to see what the future holds for this game.