[VN] [Ren'Py] High Life [Ep. 1] [Erosion]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

farrah

Donor
Aug 26, 2017
I wouldn't expect it to pop here for a while, and that's perfectly fine.
In fact it would be better if the elite version stays Patreon- only for the supporters for a while, let the dev team make that money and hopefully more supporters, so that they can keep on developing the VN and maybe even gain a few more supporters, that way in the future they may be able to bring content more frequently, on a monthly basis rather than every 2 months they do currently. And they may even try coming up with great quality animations too if they make enough money, but that of course isn't necessary, though it would be great. :)
Hopefully this guys will get more supports and a lot of patrons. They really deserve it. And they will make us happy every month, releasing a new update.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Netori God the Babe Snatcher ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Hopefully this guys will get more supports and a lot of patrons. And they will make us happy every month with new update.
Yeah, they really do deserve it and I sincerely hope this will turn out to be a huge success.
I'm usually not that keen on FemPro VNs, but this one and J.O.H.N. (Jessica O'Neil's Hard News) broadened my horizon, these two VNs were incredibly enjoyable, even for someone like me, and that speaks volume to just how great VN is in the making here, I'm absolutely a fan of High Life :)

I only wish I could support these guys (and many others) financially, but maybe one day things get better and I'll be able to :) But in the meanwhile I'm most certainly not demanding no elite version, certainly not this soon after being released to the Patreons, I'll happily wait for as long as I need to for it to pop here, if it ever does, I'm happy with just the standard version in either case :)

farrah

Donor
Aug 26, 2017
Yeah, they really do deserve it and I sincerely hope this will turn out to be a huge success.
I'm usually not that keen on FemPro VNs, but this one and J.O.H.N. (Jessica O'Neil's Hard News) broadened my horizon, these two VNs were incredibly enjoyable, even for someone like me, and that speaks volume to just how great VN is in the making here, I'm absolutely a fan of High Life :)

I only wish I could support these guys (and many others) financially, but maybe one day things get better and I'll be able to :) But in the meanwhile I'm most certainly not demanding no elite version, certainly not this soon after being released to the Patreons, I'll happily wait for as long as I need to for it to pop here, if it ever does, I'm happy with just the standard version in either case :)
I'm not a big fan of Fem MC too(only with lesb route), but this game is definitely added on my fav game list, along with AWAM. (J.O.H.N. really good too, but not like these two)
I will definitely support these guys. Unfortunately, not as much as I want. But I'll try.

Jan 28, 2018
Excellent start. One of the best I've seen so far with female protag VN style. My only worry is that it might go heavily incest which is stupid enough with male protag but with female it's like plot-killing move. For now it doesn't seem so time will tell. Writing is excellent so far and renders ain't that far behind. Can't really judge importance of choices but they kinda resemble those in GGGB. I will definitely observe that one. Maybe even pledge if it goes in a right direction within a couple of updates.
This is all a matter of preference. I mean, I hope to see scenes with both Ryan and Izzy, and Mum too. But there are enough great characters so far to keep things varied.

wazaa

Aug 5, 2017
Please post results from virustotal.com before you claim a game has a virus.

Shitty AV programs give false-positives with Renpy and RPGM games all the time.
It is more simple than that. It is the first time windows deffender didn’t let me uncompress a renpy game cause virus detection.

A false positive needs to be decided by an antivirus company, not a moderator of a forum. If any antivirus tell me something has a virus, it has... until someone competent in this matter tell me the oposite.

And as I told, changing the exe with the virus with a 100% compatible one with no virus worked perfectly.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
The only *real* feedback I can give is that it would be amazing if we had less photogenic still-poses and more realistic, face-to-face interactions with dynamic facial expressions. Literally, that would completely immerse me in this game and make it a zillion times better than it already is.
Yeah... after playing through it a second time, I think the bed conversation between Ele and Aggie would benefit from Ele actually facing Aggie when she responds instead of looking... down?

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Yeah... after playing through it a second time, I think the bed conversation between Ele and Aggie would benefit from Ele actually facing Aggie when she responds instead of looking... down?
I think the whole conversation she had with Aggie was a bit uncomfortable, people tend to look away from the person they are talking to if they are uncomfortable, or at least won't look directly at the person, and you can see that she was uncomfortable :p

bas

^^nerd
Staff member
Modder
Donor
May 6, 2017
It is more simple than that. It is the first time windows deffender didn’t let me uncompress a renpy game cause virus detection.

A false positive needs to be decided by an antivirus company, not a moderator of a forum. If any antivirus tell me something has a virus, it has... until someone competent in this matter tell me the oposite.

And as I told, changing the exe with the virus with a 100% compatible one with no virus worked perfectly.
Here's the exe from that game:

The 2/67 means there's not a virus in this game's exe.

May 29, 2017
I was blown away by the quality of this first episode. The writing and characterization were good enough to hook me even without nudity. Of course I rather enjoy that aspect too, since the renders are really nice, but the biggest aspect that pushed this game head and shoulders above other new VNs for me was the spot on atmosphere. The team has used all the tools available almost seamlessly to enhance the narration. If they can keep up this kind of quality, I'd love it as a kinetic novel and with meaningful choice it has a realistic chance to become the best VN I have ever played. One episode in I'm not yet expecting that, but even the chance of it forced me to make a pledge.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I was blown away by the quality of this first episode. The writing and characterization were good enough to hook me even without nudity. Of course I rather enjoy that aspect too, since the renders are really nice, but the biggest aspect that pushed this game head and shoulders above other new VNs for me was the spot on atmosphere. The team has used all the tools available almost seamlessly to enhance the narration. If they can keep up this kind of quality, I'd love it as a kinetic novel and with meaningful choice it has a realistic chance to become the best VN I have ever played. One episode in I'm not yet expecting that, but even the chance of it forced me to make a pledge.
Yeah, and you can really tell that they have love and passion for this VN, for the story, I honestly believe that this one already has what it takes to become a huge hit, it's already headed that way, based on the praises it has already gained, I for one am going to be paying close attention to this one :)
Lets hope the team gains enough supporters and a huge following so that they can keep working on this and perhaps even be able to release content on a monthly basis :)

By the way, you're like the second or third Finn I've seen here in the forums, we the Finns are a rather rare sight here, haha :p

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
I normally don't play a first release and try to wait for at least a third one. I'm looking for more content and I hate it when I find something I can get behind, yet it dies even before the developer makes a second version. With the hype on this thread, I decided to give this a try, and by Jeebus, it sure as hell didn't disappoint! I could go on about the excellent renders; story; atmosphere; soundtrack; but obviously it has all been said before in this thread and I wouldn't really be adding anything new.

But what I do want to add is my appreciation to the team creating this story. The, 'Wish I had money so I can support,' sometimes feel empty and insubstantial, but seriously, as things are getting better for me financially, this game is first on my list.

Thank you.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017

scan of renpy.exe directly from the 7.0.1.291 sdk

crap, every day i work with infected software
sadly my malware protection and 97% of the scanners at virustotal.com can't accept this hard truth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes