high Rendering Quality or more content / fetish ?

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
would you Rather have game focus on High Quality rendering nad somewhat good content or the oppsite ? as for me i'd rather have shit ton of content with average quality so post ur thoughts about this

Silver1

Feb 7, 2017
If the quality is average, i think content is more important, not only images but a good story, of course a terrible drawing ruins any game so there must be some moderation.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
in my opinion there is tons of average quality rendering games. So I'm presonaly looking for something better.

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
I like average content, but a lot of it and good use of it. I don't wanna wait three months for an update with 4 renders and 1 animation because it's that high quality.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
The quality is fine. And personally, the number of fetishes aren't that important as long as the fetishes it does have are interesting to me.

I've played some games where the art is awful but the gameplay is fun, and the fetishes are to my liking. I've also played games with very good renders and been bored out of my mind. Of course, I like good art, I just want some sustenance to go with my game.

That doesn't mean the game must have any form of gameplay. However, the few visual novels I have enjoyed had really good stories, not just mindless sex and shitty characters.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I lean towards prefering quality over quantity. This is especially true if the lack of quality is due to laziness on the part of the dev rather than just having low end hardware that he's not letting render long enough to get all the fireflies out or something.

For instance if there is a ton of very noticeable clipping in many of your images that really ruins it for me. If your images are just somewhat grainy overall that doesn't bother me as much as long as the scene is set up well, no clipping, etc.

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
I definitely prefer good content, that is solid story, good immersion, choices, the last two of which I personally view as the main strength of games compared to other mediums. Good art, while nice is for me just that, especially since comics or movies usually do much better than games in this regard.