Ren'Py Abandoned Highschool Rosewood [v0.358] [Arpibald]

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
toszroom4_forum.png

Overview:
This game is a Visual Novel Simulator created with Ren'Py engine.
There is no specific story line, so you can start the game however you want.
The situation is simple, you're a boy who just moved into a dormitory from your city.
I want the players to play the game in their own style. Like in GTA.
The players choices will be balanced in karmapoints, that can affect outcomes on characters.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2020-08-09
Release Date: 2020-07-21
Developer: Arpibald - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.358
Language: English, Hungarian, (Spanish WIP)
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -

SPOILER_frankiefeet6.png SPOILER_frankiefuck.png SPOILER_unknown.png SPOILER_sakurajerk.PNG SPOILER_unknown (1).png jamDi0P.png ng5CGG0.png toszroom4_forum.png 768961_feetfuck1.png 768962_feetfuck3.png 768960_sakura_x_gwen.png 768959_trixiefacefuck1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
If you talk about the Launcher, it is created with GLCV2 (Game Launcher Creator V2) it's a licensed Launcher.
If you don't trust it, just look up on Google. Some of the players here in my country doesn't have very good internet connections, so it's more convinient to them to just download fewer Megabytes. AOPS will take care of the checking, the method is similiar to the Minecraft launchers.

But if it's a problem for you, I can ZIP the whole game and put a DIRECT link out so you can try it out : )

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
renders look nice :)
so, the launcher is 10mb, after the update and patching the game is 200+mb
btw how can i hide the text box? H doesn't work...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Arpibald

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Yes, it's correct. Only that few Megabytes will download, it takes a few minutes to check everything is fine and you don't change any of the files.

So. Unlike other Ren'Py games on this site, this one requires me to allow it to make changes to my device. Can't say I trust that.
I added 3 new links with the raw .ZIP files. I try to keep update them here too.

DrPr0nzes

Aug 12, 2019
Not gonna lie, it definitely looks interesting. But my biggest hold back is that the art is kind of... Everywhere. Some stuff looks like it's straight from the media they're from, whilst others look nowhere near that, even some kind of look like they're based off Vaultmans designs in Camp Pinewood(and whatever other game he had).

I wanna keep an eye on this, but I can't really get into it(?) with how much clashing there is between designs. I hope that there's a little more consistency in the aesthetic in coming updates.

quantequila

Aug 11, 2018
Did you just redraw over camp pinewood art and put it in the game? How many other CGs in this game were just drawn over existing art?

From what I'm seeing on the banner, it looks like you just copy/pasted stuff from google image results and called it a day

• Sad
Reactions: MKDude and Arpibald

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Thanks for the critics DrPr0nzes , appreciate it. Honestly, I’m not a great artist for about a couple of months if I’ve been actively involved in drawing. I cared much more about the mechanical part of the game until now. :/

ecoli already added them :)

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Did you just redraw over camp pinewood art and put it in the game? How many other CGs in this game were just drawn over existing art?

From what I'm seeing on the banner, it looks like you just copy/pasted stuff from google image results and called it a day
Thank you for your critics, I'm sorry you don't like the graphics. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's not in a day work... I worked on the mechanics much more, the bag (inventory) was like a 4 months work for example.

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

quantequila

Aug 11, 2018
Thank you for your critics, I'm sorry you don't like the graphics. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's not in a day work... I worked on the mechanics much more, the bag (inventory) was like a 4 months work for example.

Alright, I can get that. If I can offer some advice, I'd say to create a sort of text logo for the banner, then update it later with art fresh for the game

Reactions: Arpibald