HeroPhon

Mar 19, 2019
I looked at the title and vaguely remenbered some kind of completely batshit crazy VN and yep... there it is. That being said, if you enjoy a trip into puremadness and WTF territory, then that's definetly the game for you

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Fantastic visual novel. Easily one of my favorite VN of all time. It is a slow burner though, it's quite heavy on the slice-of-life stuff. I mean you can spend like an hour on a random baseball match that has no real significance except giving some characterization. However, it's still all worth it in the end. Since once shit goes down, it goes down hard. Don't let the cute girls fool you, this is quite a gruesome VN. While there isn't a whole lot of visual gore, it is describe as a "Sound Novel" which means it's very heavy on building atmosphere through music and sound. Also going quite descriptive on the details.

If you feel like it's too much of a slow burn, I recommend Umineko instead (same developers, same universe but different story). While it's also quite slow, I feel that it's much better paced. It isn't as heavy on the slice-of-life, and due to the structure of the game (can't explain the structure, cause it would be a spoiler) it allows them to almost always have shit happening. It will keep throwing twist after twist at you, and it's fantastic. It also helps that the OST for the game is one of the best OST out there.

While Higurashi is one of my favorite VN of all time, Umineko is the best VN of all time in my opinion. I even liked it so much I included it in a image of our game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Minor spoiler about the structure of the two games

Last edited:

SilverdarkElf

Jun 16, 2018
I'm getting a server error with Nopy, but only for this file (other links from other games work). Any idea why?

LordCorwin

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2017
No sexual content you say? What if that's your kink?

Anyways, this was one of the two that set me down my path to exemplifying Battler. Good stuff.

Still love that door scene.

Last edited:

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
This game will make you feel like you are losing your own sanity. Its an amazing mystery and supernatural visual novel. The characters are such damn good characters its hard not to get invested in everything happening. No sex though so don't go in looking to fap.
Ok so no sex and I'll go insane? HUMM Hard to Think here! I'll pass for now

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I've been meaning to get around to this series for ages, got a chapter or two on Steam from various past sales/bundles. Kinda glad I put it off now, with it all in one place and the updated art, it seems like the best time to finally have a go at it.

Last edited:

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
What is the mod for?
They don’t state it. But if I had to guess, I’d say it’s for the sprites, backgrounds and such.

For instance, this sprite to the far left is how the game originally looked when it was released. So I assume the mod is to update it with the newer sprites and backgrounds.

1AFCDC7C-7EA3-4F7A-8FC2-B914105E98DA.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote