EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
higurashi_jacket.jpg

Overview:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni takes place during June 1983, at a fictional rural village called Hinamizawa, which has a population of approximately 2000. The main character, Keiichi Maebara, moves to Hinamizawa and befriends his new classmates Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Hojo. Keiichi joins their after-school club activities, which consist mostly of card and board games (and punishment games for the loser, usually him.) Hinamizawa appears to be a normal, peaceful, rural village to Keiichi. However, the tranquility abruptly ends after the annual Watanagashi Festival, a celebration to commemorate and give thanks to the local god, Oyashiro-sama. Keiichi learns that every year for the past four years, one person has been murdered and another has gone missing on the day of the Watanagashi Festival. Keiichi himself soon becomes drawn into the strange events surrounding the Watanagashi Festival and Oyashiro-sama. In each story arc, he or one of his friends become paranoid, and a crime is committed. Usually, the crime involves the murder of one of their own friends. While it seems impossible to tell their delusions apart from the mystery of Hinamizawa, slowly the truth is revealed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2022-06-03
Original Title: ひぐらしのなく頃に
Aliases: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Developer: 07th Expansion
Publisher: MangaGamer
Censored: No (No sexual content)
Version: Chapters 1 to 8, Rei
Language: English, Japanese
VNDB:
Same Series: Umineko When They Cry
Length: Very long (> 50 hours)
Related Anime:
Store: -
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Higurashi When They Cry Hou

Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Rei
Win
: - - -

Extras:

Thanks to EchoZulu for GOG Ch. 1-6 & superelmo for GOG Ch. 7-8 and torrents.

higurashi01_story_v2.jpg higurashi02_story_V2.jpg higurashi03_story_v3.jpg higurashi04_story_v2.jpg higurashi05_story_v2.jpg higurashi06_story.jpg higurashi07_story-v2.jpg higurashi08_story-v3.jpg HigurashiRei_story.jpg

Last edited:

Anexia

Dec 31, 2018
*internal screaming intensifies as flashbacks of watching the mess of anime that was based on this game flashes through my mind and the 8 year old me at the time having nightmares of it, but simultaneously determination to figure out the reason behind it refusing to let me stop watching the series* Ah this series....

Last edited:

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
I don't want to be disrespectful but what's the point upload No sexual content here ?
Yes, before you go and show how many times you were dropped on your head as a baby, this is a non-erotic game.

Every once in a blue moon you may find a VN that isn't erotic uploaded here due to it being really fuckin' good

see: or
Take it as a pleasant surprise that happens maybe once or twice a year and as a way to expand your mind and put some culture in your life beyond these horrible mommy peeking games and big brother ripoffs you are used to.
Ask klx. ;)

Turin

Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Umineko flashbacks intensify

Welp, I have put Higurashi off for quite enough, time to dive in I suppose.

byran47

Jun 8, 2017
This game will make you feel like you are losing your own sanity. Its an amazing mystery and supernatural visual novel. The characters are such damn good characters its hard not to get invested in everything happening. No sex though so don't go in looking to fap.

Last edited:

BetaCnc

Sep 12, 2017
uhm i want to read them but there is 2 novels missing, i will wait until then so i can enjoy the entire story

Reactions: el0d

AoKing

Sep 30, 2017
A1 Upload, I love this series. Watched the anime years ago and was really into it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote