Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Oh man... :oops:
It's been a while since I took the plunge and read this.
People are complaining about no sexual content, but you don't always watch movies with strong sexual content, right?
This is a really good visual novel and freaking crazy! But fair warning, it's not for everyone. :ROFLMAO:

PS: Umineko is also a trip, lol

slashslayer

Apr 16, 2021
are these new chapters any good? I don't want to be in another Gou/Sotsu situation
Yes, they are. Gou/Sotsu were meant to be horrible from the start LOL. Saikoroshi is probably my favorite Higurashi chapter of all time. I can't guarantee quality of the other Rei chapters, though

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Oh this is the one with the updated artstyle? Let's Fucking gooooooooo!!!

Also question. Hou has the alternate arc 8 right (The one where Keiichi is the only one that remembers arc 7 and has to stop arc 3, 5 and 6 from happening all at once.)

slashslayer

Apr 16, 2021
Oh this is the one with the updated artstyle? Let's Fucking gooooooooo!!!

Also question. Hou has the alternate arc 8 right (The one where Keiichi is the only one that remembers arc 7 and has to stop arc 3, 5 and 6 from happening all at once.)
No. That's a console arc and you have to download it from 07th-mod. Just like the Alchemist art is only available there. without the mod you only have the option to change the sprites art between the MangaGamer one and the original one

the 07th-Modded game is the definitive Higurashi experience and you can play it however you want even while changing the configurations in-game

Reactions: Silverfan936

pr83

May 5, 2017
For people who don't know...

Also it seems the gog installers got updated since it was posted here, don't know if there were any internal changes or just installer changes but I thought I should mention since latest gog installers are easy to get your hands on.

Last edited:

takilung

Dec 7, 2017
someone should just compile all the patches and upload it its better that way with the console graphics. steam cut off music sprites and many underhanded changes due to mangagamer and no voices

karabiner98k

Jan 21, 2020
someone should just compile all the patches and upload it its better that way with the console graphics. steam cut off music sprites and many underhanded changes due to mangagamer and no voices
I'm fine with voice acting but picking anything other than Ryukishi's cute sprites means that you have no taste.

Kease

Jun 4, 2022
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but thought I'd share a voice patcher. If your game has no voice acting, this patcher will add in voices for the characters.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote