Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Hillside - Music/Walkthrough/Cheating/Gallery Mod [v0.14] [KoGa3]

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Sorry to bother KoGa3 but when using the gallery some of the replays give errors with a dissolve function idk if its the gallery mod's issue or the actual game's issue idk if im the only who sees it when going back to some scenes
I made a quick check in my RePlay function but didn't find the issue you mentioned. So maybe re-download the game and my Mod and make a clean install.

If it's the bug in the game achievements (missing two pics) I made a patch for that, download here

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I made a quick check in my RePlay function but didn't find the issue you mentioned. So maybe re-download the game and my Mod and make a clean install.

If it's the bug in the game achievements (missing two pics) I made a patch for that, download here
Got a few errors with the C7 scene with Charlotte running into the MC's arms at the party...

Haven't tried the other scenes yet, but there's several here that gave me this issue

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Much appreciated Koga. There were a couple of more towards the end of the scene, but I didn't want to flood this post with 6 or 7 screenies
Think I've finally found that nasty bug, so far it seems that only this one RePlay scene was "infected".
Here a patch for it, extract the two files and overwrite the existing ones in the .../game/ folder.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Think I've finally found that nasty bug, so far it seems that only this one RePlay scene was "infected".
Here a patch for it, extract the two files and overwrite the existing ones in the .../game/ folder.
Thanks Koga, I'll check it out. Much appreciated

Edit: Taken care of and everything's fine (y)

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
A somehow not easy post for me: I set this one now to Onhold.

The developer of the game has announced in his latest Patreon news to integrate music himself. This is of course great news for you, the players. But maybe surprisingly for you somehow sad news for me. Why? Because the music integration was my main motivation here, which is now becoming obsolete.

Even worse for me: Whenever I stopped the music integration on a game, I also lost track of the game itself and stopped playing it, too. Sounds strange, but has always been like that. This doesn't happen on purpose, it's a kind of outcome because I probably can only focus on the games with full Mods from me anymore (I have quite some in development already).

But: I expected that with Hillside at some point. The game is now on a level where it's probably anticipated to have music itself. And I have complete confidence in DB, the developer, that this will be a great experience.

What does that mean for the Mod? As said I set it now as a precausion to Onhold. And in the future there are most likely three possibilities for me:

- Integrate the complete Mod with "my" music as an alternativ option (similar to my Mods in "Halfway House" or "Rebirth"). Well, that would mean to redo the complete Mod from scratch, and we already have v0.10 - means 10 game chapters...

- Only maintain the WT/Cheat Mod (like in Young Again). Would work, but since I probably wont play the game as mentioned before this will become only a kind of "work" for me at some point. And maybe I wont be able to do this proper with only reading the code after some game updates, too. Also: I would still have to rework the complete Mod because of the new orig. music

- Stopping the Mod completely (like I did with "Measuring my Cum" or "Sexbot"). Oh my...

Sorry about my ranting here. But I follow and doing a Mod for this one since the first release mid 2020, therefore a tough decision for me.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
A great mod KoGa3 and I have enjoyed using it so it would be a great shame( for me anyway)if you stopped developing ir.

Last edited:
Reactions: KoGa3 and jake.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Thanks for the encouraging words. But I must admit that I still don't know what to do about it. Well, unfortunately in the meantime there were also some personal changes too (way less free time due a needed second job) - I'm not sure if I could even handle a Mod restart without to hinder/block my other Mods now.

Oh my, now I started again to whine here. Well, let's see with the next game update.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Huh, didn't know Rebirth had their own music tracks. Maybe because I like your choices so much, never bothered to check. Anyways, hopefully you decide to do either the first one, which is giving the choice of which music to play, or the second one, walkthrough and cheat only. I'll be good with either one to be honest, but if I was to make a preference, I'll say the music included, as like with Rebirth, I like your choice of music too. ;)

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Game updated...
i hope you continue your mod.
Hi. Yes, I have already seen it. And after a quick look for me, unfortunately, the "worst case" has arrived: This update has no music integration from BD (the developer) yet. So I assume that it has been postponed to a later release because of the health issues he had. But anyway, the game code has now changed in almost all "old" parts (the Achievements are redone). So even to "only" update my Mod to v0.11, I'd have to rework that now as well - and then the whole game again later when the original music would be integrated. Double work for something I even don't know if I should continue. Oh my...

Well, I'm at work now. Unfortunately I've extra hours this week, so I'm not sure I can have a closer look at it before the weekend, but I will try.