Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Hillside - Music/Walkthrough/Cheating/Gallery Mod [v0.15] [KoGa3]

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
however, got this message when starting the game now, not even loaded a save, error comes when you start, before main menu is shown

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'music/m_jukebox.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'music/m_jukebox.png'.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
however, got this message when starting the game now, not even loaded a save, error comes when you start, before main menu is shown

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'music/m_jukebox.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'music/m_jukebox.png'.
Hi. You have probably not installed the base Mod, only the patch. But I'm already uploading a pre-version of the full Mod with also included ingame music for v0.12 also. Only missing is the RePlay which I hopefully can finish tomorrow, too.

Okyturi

Jun 8, 2020
1667293802810.png

not too sure what went wrong lol. first time I see such funny interaction mod/patch causes

edit: seems somehow downloaded mod for grandmahouse? no idea how is that possible. Also at top left corner still says hillside lol

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
not too sure what went wrong lol. first time I see such funny interaction mod/patch causes

edit: seems somehow downloaded mod for grandmahouse? no idea how is that possible. Also at top left corner still says hillside lol
:oops:
That's weird. But I had someone else yesterday with a similar download problem. He used the link from Mediafire, maybe there's an issue there. Please try to download from the other filehoster (Workupload).

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Here's a quick fix for the ingame outlines not scaling with screen size.
I simply removed the absolute attribute.

It would be nice if this could be integrated in future mod versions.
Thanks for the suggestion. I had that back then in my Mods, but got feedback that in some cases it looked not good. So I added the absolute outline definition again, and integrated an option to change the outline (0-5) manually, so the player can adjust that himself. It's in my game settings menu (you can also set the outline offset x/y there, too).

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
5 unfortunately is too thin for me on my high res monitor.
I'll keep my mod backed up then and hope it stays compatible with newer versions.
Ah, ok. Good to know. Here a quick change where I enhanced the outline option from 5 to 20.

Reactions: wiwem71072

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Sorry I'm new here. The quick menu on the upper right side disapear after few renders:
1667326820651.png

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Sorry I'm new here. The quick menu on the upper right side disapear after few renders:
View attachment 2139886
Hi. That's new to me, should not happen. Maybe you have deactivated the info screen in my Mod menu? In the PC version you should be also able to open the Mod menu when pressing the "Shift" key + "k". Then check if this option is activated:
screenshot0010.png

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Maybe I have missunderstood it, you mean the quick menu at the bottom of the screen? I checked, and there seems to be an issue in some cases. Here a Mod patch, download and unzip the files into the .../game folder, replacing the exiting ones.

Then start a new game or load a save, go into the Mod menu (with "shift" + "k"), open the "Additional game setting". There should be the "Quick menu" setting as shown above in the pics from Tulrek. If it's already on try once to press OFF and then ON again, that actually should bring it back. Hope that helps. Sorry for the circumstances.

Reactions: Samhain71

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Maybe I have missunderstood it, you mean the quick menu at the bottom of the screen? I checked, and there seems to be an issue in some cases. Here a Mod patch, download and unzip the files into the .../game folder, replacing the exiting ones.

Then start a new game or load a save, go into the Mod menu (with "shift" + "k"), open the "Additional game setting". There should be the "Quick menu" setting as shown above in the pics from Tulrek. If it's already on try once to press OFF and then ON again, that actually should bring it back. Hope that helps. Sorry for the circumstances.
No I was talking of the top right corner.
For the bottom what you said worked:
1667337077102.png

I started a new game and the quick menu is visible from the start until this last render:
1667336857481.png

And disapeare the next:
1667336898107.png

I hope it helps.

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
No I was talking of the top right corner.
For the bottom what you said worked:
View attachment 2140268

I started a new game and the quick menu is visible from the start until this last render:
View attachment 2140258

And disapeare the next:
View attachment 2140259

I hope it helps.
Thanks, that helped. Found now that bug, it's at the end of the very first EP1 (from May 2020, how time flies...). Again a bugfix, with it this info screen should not disappear anymore. I also changed the switch in my Mod menu, if you have a save where this ino screen is not shown anymore press once OFF and then ON for bring it back.

Reactions: Samhain71