4.30 star(s) 252 Votes

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
I will agree that the MC needs a little bit of a rewrite, so he doesn't act like a 15 year old who just saw boobs in real life for the first time every time he's around Charlotte. For someone who has the impeccable record he has of professionalism, he's really perverted and kinda creepy in his own head. Like he doesn't know how to shelf thoughts. This is not how an adult acts on the job. He's nothing but professional with Emma.

Also. The "Naked Emma" fan service scene was entirely unneeded this early. It was just pathetic honestly. Have her be in the towel, she'll be just as embarrassed. Making her naked was just another perverted 15 year old moment. Not to mention, he should have knocked, talked through the door, asking if she was ok, then say "I'm coming in" before just busting the door open in a house that isn't his, in a bathroom only Emma uses, that has no other way in than that door.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't really get people saying the mc is childish?

Nice update, can't wait for new updates!
He's supposed to be the best at what he does, a professional that has spent years building up his reputation.

First time meeting the mother of the girl he's staring at her tits and won't let go of her hand.

Second time he's back on her tits.

None of his inner monologues say professional security to me, they say 14 year old virgin.

Charlotte is worried she's hired a sick pervert to protect her daughter and up to now, she isn't wrong.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
They're talking about how he acts and inner-monologues when he's around the women in the game.

The inner-monologue I can handle since I've been there. When you meet a hot woman, it seems pretty normal to me to make an internal double-take "Oh wow!" moment. Then you suck it up and motor on with whatever you need to do.

However, with Charlotte in particular, this has resulted more than once in holding onto her hand for too long which is a creepy no-no when dealing with women, especially ones you don't know. A professional should be able to control their behavior as to not make someone else uncomfortable. This goes double for a large, dangerous looking guy interacting with a female client for the first time.
Sure the hand thing is really weird, but just going a bit further than the starstruck feeling... I'm guessing everyone has... Isn't it normal, some people just have that effect on you... Childish?
1594082778339.png
Unprofessional? Maybe the hand thing, but being professional doesn't mean you don't have unprofessional thoughts...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Unprofessional? Maybe the hand thing, but being professional doesn't mean you don't have unprofessional thoughts...
She's having a conversation with him and he's thinking about her tits and ignoring her.

How, oh how, is that professional?

If that was me and i'm hiring someone to protect my daughter from danger and someone is holding my hand and staring at my tits, they aint getting through the door never mind a job.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
He's supposed to be the best at what he does, a professional that has spent years building up his reputation.

First time meeting the mother of the girl he's staring at her tits and won't let go of her hand.

Second time he's back on her tits.

None of his inner monologues say professional security to me, they say 14 year old virgin.

Charlotte is worried she's hired a sick pervert to protect her daughter and up to now, she isn't wrong.
I agree it doesn't sound professional, but I'd survive not having the renders to go with professional : "Well this kitchen window doesn't have a sensor alarm, but it's on the first floor, it is a kitchen and there is a motion detector in the corridor."

I really hope thinking perverted thing isn't being a sick pervert that would be a big problem for me... Acting on it would be the problem.

I get that it's not useful to the story and feels a little stereotypical.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
She's having a conversation with him and he's thinking about her tits and ignoring her.

If that was me and i'm hiring someone to protect my daughter from danger and someone is holding my hand and staring at my tits, they aint getting through the door never mind a job.
Oh I agree, but I get being flustered... It's a bit of sloppy writing.
Did we have to look at her tits? When the choice is given, I don't.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
His employer was explaining aspects of his job to him and he missed literally everything she had to say because he was so mesmerized by the fact that she had tits.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019

His employer was explaining aspects of his job to him and he missed literally everything she had to say because he was so mesmerized by the fact that she had tits.
I agree, my beef is mostly with him being called childish.

He has "very good reputation", and then with Charlie can't really control himself. Shit happens, and she is considering going back on hiring him... Might not be incredibly deep, but holds up

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh I agree, but I get being flustered... It's a bit of sloppy writing.
Did we have to look at her tits? When the choice is given, I don't.
There wasn't a choice.

She was talking and explaining what needed to be done and he's having an internal monologue about her tits completely ignoring her.

The choice to look was after that.

You might not be as fussy as some of us but I have seen nothing I like about the MC.

The girls are great, the story is similar to another game but characters are different enough to make it interesting but the MC is the absolute weakest part of the story.

I agree, my beef is mostly with him being called childish.

He has "very good reputation", and then with Charlie can't really control himself. Shit happens, and she is considering going back on hiring him... Might not be incredibly deep, but holds up
He's being called childish because it's the exact same monologue while staring at a pair of tits you see in those games with the really young virgin MC's. He's acting just like them.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
the fact that he didn't listen to her at that moment pissed me off if you are going to do a job you pay attention to the fucking boss, and who can't listen while thinking? sure, I had perverted thoughts when talking to someone, but never to the point where my fucking ears stopped working.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
There wasn't a choice.

She was talking and explaining what needed to be done and he's having an internal monologue about her tits completely ignoring her.

The choice to look was after that.

You might not be as fussy as some of us but I have seen nothing I like about the MC.

The girls are great, the story is similar to another game but characters are different enough to make it interesting but the MC is the absolute weakest part of the story.
I never said I liked him
Edit : agree with the rest though

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
Where would one even enter a password?
On the Main Menu before loading/starting a game there's an option "Unlock" which then wants that password. Claims it will change with each new version but we'll see what happens.

I got at least 1 reward that I believe was "unlocked" and able to be earned so far, but if you've unren'd the game you already have them in "Hillside-0.3-pc\game\images\gallery\hq"

Reactions: OzBrit

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
The game has a nice story (similar to Lexi) and good renderings with unique models (at least for me).
The only thing that weakens a bit is the rather unprofessional acting of the MC with Charlotte. Hope this improves a bit.
Otherwise I like it very much. And Emma is just cute

Last edited:
Reactions: Fabs93

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Nah, I've played it and yeah. It drives me nuts. These games sometimes feel like they are written by 15 year olds that don't know how an adult would react. It really isn't difficult to maintain a professional attitude or to not react when seeing someone in a bikini. :rolleyes:
At least that's his "daughter" tho and he doesn't claim to be a professional from the start.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
True! Just wish that the characters behaved normally instead of overreacting. The MC overemphasizes his professionalism to the point of self-parody.
I agree, the story could use some adulting, especially for the MC. He acts nothing like an experienced field operator, and seems to have little to no knowledge/experience with the opposite sex.

Reactions: MrFriendly

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
There's some other sloppy writing parts, like when Emma puts her hair down and hopes we notice, and of course we're given a dialogue choice of "Mention her hair" like whose going to be a dumbass and not mention it? It might as well have not been a choice and was just a free point because he brought it up anyway.

Or the fact that the Lucy part was literally just her talking in his face about how hot he is and he's given no ability to talk. Then we have the concerned Aunt of the Stalker Victim seducing the bodyguard to mess with her sister. And all of it plays out like juvenile drama.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
I think that's the most infuriating part of this game. I like the overall plot, the core idea that they are working with, but the execution is missing the mark. The renders are great as well, this could be a fantastically popular and successful game if the writing didn't have the MC acting so freaking unprofessional.
That's honestly my true opinion of this game. The Developer does a great job with the renders, the premise of the game is amazing. What they need is someone to write the story for them. Hire someone or maybe someone will join the team for the fun of it. Explain the story progression to them, what needs to be in the update or maybe the entire storyboard. Then let someone who can write adults take over.

Because right now, the only character who acts in a way that no one sees a problem with is Emma. Because when she acts like a teenage kid, it's accurate.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Sounds like the father from Single Again... Oh my god she is wearing a bikini :WutFace:. If you don't know what I mean play it and you will see.
I've played it. I made a comment on that thread about it, he's awkward af.

He makes situations that shouldn;t be awkward, really uncomfortable. 2 sisters joking around and he brings it up like it's unnatural. I like the girls in that game but I don't like the dad.

I get that I don't know much about guys but i've played enough games to know it's not normal. There are some awesome MC's around like the ones from Lexi, Depraved Awakening and Where the Heart is. Even the goofball from My Sister My Roommate is at least the fun kind of goofy.

I don't need an MC to be a complete badass but when i'm expecting a professional bodyguard with an excellent reputation or a father of 3 girls who's been in relationships long enough to know what women get up to, I don't expect them to act like clueless teenagers seeing bikini's and boobs for the first time.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
I've played it. I made a comment on that thread about it, he's awkward af.

He makes situations that shouldn;t be awkward, really uncomfortable. 2 sisters joking around and he brings it up like it's unnatural. I like the girls in that game but I don't like the dad.

I get that I don't know much about guys but i've played enough games to know it's not normal. There are some awesome MC's around like the ones from Lexi, Depraved Awakening and Where the Heart is. Even the goofball from My Sister My Roommate is at least the fun kind of goofy.

I don't need an MC to be a complete badass but when i'm expecting a professional bodyguard with an excellent reputation or a father of 3 girls who's been in relationships long enough to know what women get up to, I don't expect them to act like clueless teenagers seeing bikini's and boobs for the first time.
I think it's part of the problem that this game is so similar to Lexi in premise, so that's what we're expecting. And this just isn't.

But the writing really needs to be taken back to scratch and tried again. Too many of the characters are just don't act like how they should act in the situation.

MC: Professional Bodyguard. Starts off colder, but reassuring. Keeps a professional discord and distance. Warms up as the game goes on and the trust between him and the Family gets better. There should be more scenes of him actively doing something around the house. Charlotte sends him to his room like a kid who got grounded. A professional would have said "No, sorry, that's not going to work."

Charlotte: I don't have a lot of complaints, I get that she's been traumatized. But she can work with men all day, what is it about the one she's hired to protect her family that hits her trigger alarm exactly? Even when you don't try to act creepy (which is hard because the writer keeps throwing that shit in there) she still goes off on him. I mean fuck, was it that hard to find a female bodyguard? Because those exist. If you're this fucking panicky about Men, how the hell do you go out and do your job?

Lucy: Concerned, but acts happy around Emma. Can have a crush on the MC, can even flirt when no one else is around, but having her just jump into his face and actively reduce him to a piece of meat in front of her sister just to get a rise out of her? That's just asinine. Also what was with this masturbation scene? Fluff, filler, pointless and shouldn't have been here so early in the game. Your game has barely got started, are you throwing in nudity to try to get noticed? The character as she was presented in phone calls is nothing like the live version when she's around people.

Suzi: Not here yet, but I can already tell how this is going to be writen. Spoiled bitch, throws a fit at everything, tries to get the Bodyguard thrown out, tries to blackmail him somehow. Tell me I'm wrong.

Emma: Mostly perfect as is. The problem is things like showing her fully naked in this update. She's the innocent little girl. Let her stay that way more than 3 updates in. Geez. The Underwear scene from the beginning of the update was bad enough.

The game just needs a rewrite really badly by someone who knows how characters like these should be written.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Emma: Mostly perfect as is. The problem is things like showing her fully naked in this update. She's the innocent little girl. Let her stay that way more than 3 updates in. Geez. The Underwear scene from the beginning of the update was bad enough.
I agree with everything you said but mainly this.

Emma needs a bit of character growth before she gets nude scenes. It's great to see an attractive character naked but she's so in her shell it's almost off putting at the moment.

She needs a bit of time to grow and open up before I can see her in a sexual light.

Also about Charlotte. You hit the nail on the head with the issue there. She's around a guy having her photo's done almost naked in one scene yet fully clothed around a guy working for her she's grounding him to his room.

I found Lucy the most attractive but her masturbation scene was just there. It didn't really serve any purpose other than to have a bit of sexual content.

I don't think anyone minds waiting for a few updates to let characters get settled in before the sex starts. It can feel a bit too rushed if it doesn't fit the mood.

4.30 star(s) 252 Votes