[R>Artist 2D] Paid Share Hiring 2D artist (open to 3D) for game

bull3tg0d

Oct 21, 2017
Please Read: This is a project that has been in the making since August. I am lead the programmer and writer, and I was brought on by the business guy who is going to run marketing/online sales/patreon/web design/etc. We have been through two artists so far, and both have dropped off the project (one for health reasons, one because she couldn't keep pace). I have set up the art on this project so that it is as simple as possible. No plan for animations, and plenty of reference photos you can trace. The game mechanics and programming is entirely complete and playable, with only a bit of narrative and dialogue to write (that can't be done without consulting the artist). The only major thing left is the art (currently the game is playable with tons of placeholder art that I can simply drop and replace when you finish a piece).

We're releasing this game for free when it's finished and setting up a Patreon, although we don't expect much initial income. Our motivation is not money, but just getting this game finished and having something we've made ourselves. That being said, we're going to offer a profit share on the Patreon for our artist, and we are so desperate to have an artist work hard to see the project through the end, that we're going to pull some money together and pay you for completion when the final artwork for the game is complete (somewhere around $300-500 sent to you however you want).

Only apply if you have ~20-50 hours a week to dedicate to working on the project, and you are a disciplined and reliable individual. This is our last effort to find an artist before we begin looking into other ways to get the art done ourselves.

Project:
Choice driven, branching-narrative adult visual-novel style game. Non-linear freeroam gameplay. Not using RPG Maker or Renpy engine; currently has 9 possible endings (not including variations), and three minigames.

Developer:
Not announcing our studio yet, but both current members have previous professional experience in related fields.

Looking for:
2D artist. Willing to consider 3D, only if you can turn out high quality images on a short timetable. Western art style only, unless you just have incredible anime-style art.

Employment Type:
Lump sum payment on completion of art (not completion of game, you get the money as soon as *your* work is done). Also includes profit sharing percentage for Patreon. If we like working together, we would love to have you immediately work on our second game, for which we have already begun development.

Work commitment:
Must be able to commit ~20-50 hours/week on the art. Must be reliable, easy to reach, disciplined, and able to get the work done regardless of what is going on in your personal life. Everyone on the project is holding firm to these standards, so you aren't going to be singled out. We are fine with you putting in less hours per week than requested if you complete the work quickly.

Preferred method of contact:
Discord. Just private message me here with your Discord info if you want any further information or you are interested.

Job Description:
Lead Artist

Additional comments:
Again, almost all of the art has reference photos that are currently in game which you could easily trace over and make changes to. This is a fairly "vanilla" game in terms of sexual content and art style. We are very organized in our approach, and even have a spreadsheet with all required art listed on it as well as small notes for every piece of art and what is specifically needed. I also have a playable demo I will run you through if you decide to join the project.

A3L_XXX

Game Developer
Nov 28, 2023
Hi, I see that you are open to 3d artist.

To be honest, I only have RTX 2060 super graphics card but I have a lot of free time to do this. I would also like to know how many images or sprites total to finish the game.

See my samples below, can also do animation loop 1-2 sec ( nsfw and non nsfw )

discord username: a3l_xxx

Reactions: bull3tg0d

bull3tg0d

Oct 21, 2017
Can we know what genre of the game and tags?
The genre would be closest to a visual novel. Tags are very vanilla. Male protag, fem dom (minor stuff), vaginal sex, handjob, oral, sandbox, voyeurism, and maybe a few more minor tags I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

bull3tg0d

Oct 21, 2017
Hi, I see that you are open to 3d artist.

To be honest, I only have RTX 2060 super graphics card but I have a lot of free time to do this. I would also like to know how many images or sprites total to finish the game.

See my samples below, can also do animation loop 1-2 sec ( nsfw and non nsfw )

discord username: a3l_xxx
I've sent you a friend request on Discord.

Reactions: A3L_XXX

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
The genre would be closest to a visual novel. Tags are very vanilla. Male protag, fem dom (minor stuff), vaginal sex, handjob, oral, sandbox, voyeurism, and maybe a few more minor tags I'm forgetting off the top of my head.
Thanks for your answer, but I mean is it a fantasy, crime and mystery, sci-fi, or contemporary (modern life)?

PinkBrushArt

Jun 2, 2022
It would be nice to see some examples of already created art (2D), as it helps to get an idea of the art direction and the amount of work to be done (assuming that the previous two artists' output will be reused) or if the new artist will be able to do everything based on their own style. Feel free to check out my work if you are interested. Success in the project!

https://f95zone.to/threads/open-to-commissions-2d-art.146421/

Raoul_Duke

Apr 12, 2022
Can you give some more details of the volume of work needed, i.e. number of sprites/event scenes/anything else.

bull3tg0d

Oct 21, 2017
Thank you all for you interest. This position has been filled. How can I flag this so the mods will delete it?