RPGM - Complete - Hitozuma Elf no Orusuban ENG Patch 1.00

1. 5.00 star(s)

Torcha

Fantastic game with loads of charm, and the translation does an excellent job at conveying that. Simple game, simple language, makes me laugh and then the art makes me hard. What more could you ask for?
  2. 5.00 star(s)

James Eveleth

This is an example of a high quality RPGM game. There is no combat, no grind, only interaction with NPCs and getting scenes. You have 7 days in which you can complete events, after which the game ends. Any events and items you get in that time carry over to your new save, allowing you to unlock scenes you couldn't before.

The main gameplay loop revolves around sticking to a certain quest/event chain until completion and trying to collect all the key items needed for other scenes. Fairly simple, but apart from having to repeat the various interactions with NPCs during the first day it doesn't feel unnecessary grindy,

The art is fabulous and absolutely every NPC has a full body portrait and a custom sprite, something that most RPGM games lack. The scenes are varied and if there is a female character in the game, there is a scene with her.

The writing, characters and story can veer into the ridiculous at times, but that only adds to the experience. The translation is superb and really helps the humor carry over.

My only gripe with this is that the soundtrack is composed of generic RPGM tracks, which can really kill the mood at times. Still, it's not enough of a detriment to the overall enjoyment of the game for me to remove starts from it.

As for the NTR, you feel as attached to the protagonist's husband as you would to a chair. The moral aspect of the cheating is not elaborated on and there is no real feeling of him being cuckolded. Lilly having a cheerful disposition at all times definitely helps. All in all a plus for me, since I'm not a fan of NTR titles, but some might find that aspect of the game to be lacking.

Truly a game that any dev would be proud of. Many thanks to the translator!