VN - Ren'Py - Holding On To [v0.1.0] [JBeeGames]

1. 1.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

This review is going to seem harsh for someone I imagine is a new-comer, but there is no reason for anyone to play this. [v0.0.5]
    ----
    The visuals are kinda dated, but again if they're new, I can understand why that's the case. Does it make the experience better? Obviously not, but if that was the only issue then I'd be open to offering some lenience.
    ----
    The writing is undoubtedly the worst part of this. I could go on and on, but I'll try and be concise.

Big issue is the spelling. I can only hope it's because they speak English as a second language, because there's no excuse of spelling a word wrong like "variant" or "deviant", and then proceeding to spell it right two sentences later. This obviously extends to grammar too, to the point where half the choices (1 of 2) don't even make any sense.

But it goes even beyond that, they can't even have scenes appear in a coherent way. I had to go back and forth MULTIPLE times and I STILL couldn't understand what the fuck was actually going on. For having such little content, being totally incomprehensible is genuinely astonishing.

Then the actual concept itself appears quite generic, the "government experiments give superpowers" concept has been done before, so making it so difficult to actually figure out what's happening at any given time is utterly ridiculous. It's like if someone made a storyboard and then accidentally knocked it over, so they just put all of the shots back up in any old order.