gisellepalmer

Jan 17, 2018
After applying the patch to 0.1.8.2 on mac it gives my this and the game won't run.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 198, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'."

Help please

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
After applying the patch to 0.1.8.2 on mac it gives my this and the game won't run.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'."

Help please
You did something wrong applying the patch. Please install the full version 0.1.8 again and after that apply the patch to 0.1.8.2 again. Read the instructions provided. You probably copied the patch files to a wrong location.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
on Android, I can not get past the MC name...any tips?
You have four options:
1) use the standard google keyboard
2) type . and then several times on enter on keyboard --> this will give you no name and last name, but you can play
3) use the alternative version: https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-1-8-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/page-567#post-2385269 (this one is build using a later renpy version which no longer has this problem)
4) wait for an official update from (which will take some weeks) --> I have switched to the latest renpy version as well now and the problem is gone

Reactions: babaraj and imzahai

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.9 beta - development news (updated 18. sept. 2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.9 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.8.0 release.
The next release is 0.1.8.3 beta which will be an incremental update!
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes.
The update from 0.1.8.0 to 0.1.8.3 has 35 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content
  • Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.8.3 (still working on it)
  • Natasha's "breast expansion" quest will be concluded --> will be added with 0.1.8.3 (still working on it)
  • Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • Getting the encryption key and hacking sub dermal implants for all special characters except Joy will be possible --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • A third quest to get the encryption key of the sub dermal implants has been made available --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
Minor improvements and changes
  • Android loading screen and icon changed --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • Name input fixed on Android version (did not work on some devices) --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • Updated Ren'Py version to 7.3.2.320 --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • Two shopping items (for Amy's quests) have been added --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • A new shopping item (protein shake) has been added to replenish endurance --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • Background images (first indoor) will be redone in high res 2560x1440 webp format to replace the existing low res jpg images (unfortunately this was a lot more work than I had anticipated) --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • Sending of sexting images has been adjusted. You will now get unseen lower tier images instead of repeats --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • Amy gets 2 new sexting images and updates to her old sexting images (higher res and webp format) --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
Balancing changes:
  • Necessary endurance train points when having 50 max endurance has been reduced to 3, so you can get to 60 endurance after initial half week when you use the massage once. Reason: Having only 50 endurance hurts game play too much --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • charm train points to get from 1 to 2 have been reduced from 6 to 5, to make it easier to advance after the first half week. All others have been slightly increased, because gaining charm was too easy --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
  • You will start a new game with 25 company favor now, which will allow to buy the smart watch much earlier --> will be added with 0.1.8.3
Bug fixes
  • There is still a bug concerning the sequence when sexting images are shown. As a result you might not be able to see them all, or get strange sorting, etc. (there is nothing wrong with the game data, it only needs a code update) --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.3

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.1.8.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.8.2 beta --> same as for 0.1.8.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.1.8.1 beta --> has been removed due to a bug
0.1.8.2 beta --> available since September 13, get it from here:

0.1.8.3 beta --> no idea yet

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Ha-ha --> 0.1.8.3 probably not gonna happen (probablity is above 50% but below 100%) :whistle:
I'd blame Bantry.

He clearly copied the post while you were updating it
Now it is stuck halfway between 1.8.3 and 1.9.0

We need karma to balance before we can fix it.
Better Yoga panties to Jennifer seems like a good way to do it :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

dafffboy123

May 8, 2018
I'm unable to get Jennifer to conclude her breast expansion story with me. Even after finishing the first part and waiting in my room on her off nights and trying to visit her in her room on her off nights. What am i doing wrong?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
We need karma to balance before we can fix it.
Better Yoga panties to Jennifer seems like a good way to do it :p

Delizia alone will keep those other, um, "things".
No, No, No, a thousand times No! Jennifer and Delizia both desperately need new Yoga panties!

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I'm unable to get Jennifer to conclude her breast expansion story with me. Even after finishing the first part and waiting in my room on her off nights and trying to visit her in her room on her off nights. What am i doing wrong?
Even though the quest text says 'after dinner' you need to do it before 21:00.

4.00 star(s) 209 Votes