VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Holiday Islands [v0.10.2] [Devon Andersson]

1. 3.00 star(s)

dr_dro

The game is nice, renders are good, story is interesting. But there is a big BUT, which makes it impossible to play at this moment - every update is incompatible with the previous saves. Guys please, learn how to convert saves or do something with it - most developers know how to deal with this issue.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

stupidinapppurchases

This is a great game man. There arent many like it. i love the gameplay .First of all you have complete control over where and what the character does. The scenes and scenarios are good. Im just longing for more content. Overall Great game
  3. 4.00 star(s)

jkkjjkjkjjkkkjjl

This game is a mixture of visual novel, point n click and dating sim. The renders are well done, animations are very limited. The coding is excellent: a decent quest log, proper map navigation, cheat menu and visible clicking areas. There are some bugs, but that is to be expected of a game in development. I like the two main characters but I'm not a fan of some of the included characters with references to other games. The interface looks really good compared to other games (you can compare it to Big Brother's interface). There's a lot of grind in the game if you don't cheat, but I expect this to disappear in the final version when new events and interactions get added. The story is weird, but in a good way. There's also no incest, which is a big plus.

There's room for improvement, but I definitely recommend this game!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

botc76

That game needs a mod to turn down the incredibly boring grind.
    It's the typical sandbox-style problem. You have to play through weeks of doing the same repetitive crap to get new content and right now the things you have to do are unnecessarily complicated and that's even when using cheats.
    It's a shame really, as the renders are nice and the characters as well, but why the hell fe. do I need to play through several weeks in-game to be able to get a computer, when so much other content hangs on that?

It's just grinding and grinding and grinding. What a waste.

Another problem is that the dev constantly breaks old save games.

Considering that there's even a guide on here how NOT to do that (by member@ anne O'nymous), I'm far less willing to accept this happening repeatedly and it will now be a part in my ratings, how well or not the devs manage to keep our saves working.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Renaulto

I decided to give Holiday Islands 4 stars based more on the potential it has.
    I found the navigating of the locations easy due to the pretty awesome map. The renders are nice, though the lifeguard when in bed looks like she's covered in folds or creases. Also there's a few minor grammar issues. The story is cool. Now, my favorite part is the awesome use of my favorite 1980's tv show Night Rider. Not gonna lie, this use of it makes me absolutely giddy. If I were to ask one thing to be enhanced, it'd be the quest log. Make things a little more clear. Trying to figure the next step at times is not very clear.

Would I recommend playing this? Sure. It's a fun overall VN. Still young too, and I think if given enough time, and dedication, it can be a pretty awesome VN.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

TrropJunior

Solid game with some nice girls and original story. Decent amount of content for a .1. Only thing I dislike is the story jumps from the creator not implementing some parts yet. Other than that, I'd say the game has some great potential.